Amicacola Falls via East Ridge Loop Trail

Amicacola Falls via East Ridge Loop Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Dawsonville, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

This is a track from the bottom of amicacola falls to the top. From there up to the AT approach trail and back. Fun loop for all. Well marked and the falls are beautiful!

It was a pretty neat trail. Climbing the steps to the top of the waterfall was the most challenging part. There were plenty of spots to take breaks if needed. Very pretty!

Went here and I was blown away by the power that the falls have on you when you see them in person. The stairs are a challenge but they are worth it!

Walked down the trail then up the steps, both had amazing views!

Loved it amazing. I went November with beautiful coloring of leaves and walked the trail then down the steps .

be prepared to go up alot of steps. beautiful falls . crazy busy

We went the wrong way up by mistake but it was a good choice. Trail is not easy but was fun. The view from the top is a great panoramic one. The view of the falls from the bottom of the steps was the best. Great day.

Took the AT approach trail to walk the steps up. The steps are not for the faint of heart. The views of the falls on the way up are great. And at the top is awesome. Took the East trail on the way back down. Very rocky at the top. Watch your footing so as to not roll an ankle. The trail itself is nice, wooded.

Great !!

gorgeous waterfall!, took creek trail up and and it wasn't a bad hike at all. going down we went down east ridge trail which was pretty sketchy. lots of loose rocks and erosion. I would def do this again...

Awesome trail! Steps were a good workout. Beautiful views of the falls. Not that crowded of a trail. Very rocky in some places so watch your step!

Trail starting behind the visitors center to the falls is the best direction to take due to the condition of the trail and rocks.

Loved this trail. Parked at the visitors center and took the trail behind it, up to the top of the falls. It was a very steep climb and very rocky in some parts. There were a couple of lookout points along the way that offered spectacular views of the surrounding area. You can’t see the falls from the top, so we decided to take the hundreds of steps down to the base. The stairs wrap around the falls and the view gets better as you go down. There are many spots to stop and rest or take pics. The stairs can be a bit daunting for someone who has a fear of heights, such as myself. However, it was absolutely worth it! Once at the bottom, we walked back to the parking lot. The signage was not the best and we ended up street walking for a good portion. There were some trails marked, but we weren’t sure where they would end. Overall, Im so glad that we visited.

I absolutely loved this trail! We did it at dusk, which was probably a bad choice considering how steep it is, but it was lovely anyways. Plus we got to catch the sunset. Other reviewers are right about the stairs. They can be brutal. But the views are so, so worth it.

Great trail. Lots of steep stair climbing along side of falls.

It was absolutely beautiful and the finish was very rewarding.

Great park, couple different trail options. Steps can be strenuous but overall super easy and enjoyable afternoon hike.

Definitely recommend taking the Ridge Trail on the way up and the Appalachian Approach Trail on the way down. Easier that way as there are steel grate stairs (426 steps) that are easier to walk down than up. We hiked this today with our 11-year-old. So beautiful.

Great trails and beautiful views. Climbs are moderately difficult.

Beautiful views! Well worth the effort. I’m a beginning walker/hiker & struggled a bit on the last leg of the climb up, but I did it, twice in the last month in fact! If I can do this, anyone can!!

Loved this hike. started at the lower parking area and hiked to the top of the falls. then went down the stairs to the pool and trail back. Best way to hike this trail. Starting at the falls doesn't build any anticipation.

Great views and moderate workout. Trail clearly marked.

It’s a stunning view! The steps are in excellent shape and handrails smooth wood.. so lovely! The canopy of trees was such a blessing!! You definitely feel like you’ve accomplished something after this hike!

Decent hike, beatuiful waterfall!!! It is crowded however but worth the trip.

Great hike.. it's best to go earlier in the morning before noon, otherwise you'd be stuck in traffic. After being in traffic mon- fri the worst thing is to be stuck in traffic on the weekends. We got there at 8am on a Sunday (clear and calm). by the time we left it was bumper to bumper in the park so I'm good we got there when we did. The hike is great for beginning hikers(myself). Great views and a great workout. There are multiple paths and be sure to put on bug repellent.

My Husband and I drove up to the top of the falls, and walked down all 604 steps. it was our first time there. I am not a small Girl by any means.& with a number of health issues, so for Me to be able to make it... anyone can!! Just be sure whether your going up from the bottom or down from the top, pace yourself you do NOT want to rush this climb. oh and be sure to stop on the bridge that crosses over the middle of the falls. I had a great time and can not wait to do it again.

Started on the right side behind the visitor's lodge and hiked up, then took the steps back down. Highly recommend going in the morning before it gets hot and people start flowing in! We were finished around noon (on a Sunday) and the steps were packed with people on our way down. Also as a previous review stated please do not take your dog on the steps! There are so many other ways up or down that are less painful for them.

Great trail! Beautiful view! Super helpful staff.

Took the trail up and the stairs down. The trail was steeper than we expected even though its pretty short. I'd recommend doing the loop the opposite way we did. Love the falls! Was very crowded as expected on a Saturday. There are multiple elevations to park at so its very accessible even if you're not a hiker.

definitely the most beautiful I've ever seen, the stairs are a definite workout!!