Amicacola Falls via East Ridge Loop Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Dawsonville, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

This is a track from the bottom of amicacola falls to the top. From there up to the AT approach trail and back. Fun loop for all. Well marked and the falls are beautiful!

Great trail. Lots of steep stair climbing along side of falls.

It was absolutely beautiful and the finish was very rewarding.

Great park, couple different trail options. Steps can be strenuous but overall super easy and enjoyable afternoon hike.

Definitely recommend taking the Ridge Trail on the way up and the Appalachian Approach Trail on the way down. Easier that way as there are steel grate stairs (426 steps) that are easier to walk down than up. We hiked this today with our 11-year-old. So beautiful.

Great trails and beautiful views. Climbs are moderately difficult.

Beautiful views! Well worth the effort. I’m a beginning walker/hiker & struggled a bit on the last leg of the climb up, but I did it, twice in the last month in fact! If I can do this, anyone can!!

Loved this hike. started at the lower parking area and hiked to the top of the falls. then went down the stairs to the pool and trail back. Best way to hike this trail. Starting at the falls doesn't build any anticipation.

Great views and moderate workout. Trail clearly marked.

It’s a stunning view! The steps are in excellent shape and handrails smooth wood.. so lovely! The canopy of trees was such a blessing!! You definitely feel like you’ve accomplished something after this hike!

Decent hike, beatuiful waterfall!!! It is crowded however but worth the trip.

Great hike.. it's best to go earlier in the morning before noon, otherwise you'd be stuck in traffic. After being in traffic mon- fri the worst thing is to be stuck in traffic on the weekends. We got there at 8am on a Sunday (clear and calm). by the time we left it was bumper to bumper in the park so I'm good we got there when we did. The hike is great for beginning hikers(myself). Great views and a great workout. There are multiple paths and be sure to put on bug repellent.

My Husband and I drove up to the top of the falls, and walked down all 604 steps. it was our first time there. I am not a small Girl by any means.& with a number of health issues, so for Me to be able to make it... anyone can!! Just be sure whether your going up from the bottom or down from the top, pace yourself you do NOT want to rush this climb. oh and be sure to stop on the bridge that crosses over the middle of the falls. I had a great time and can not wait to do it again.

Started on the right side behind the visitor's lodge and hiked up, then took the steps back down. Highly recommend going in the morning before it gets hot and people start flowing in! We were finished around noon (on a Sunday) and the steps were packed with people on our way down. Also as a previous review stated please do not take your dog on the steps! There are so many other ways up or down that are less painful for them.

Great trail! Beautiful view! Super helpful staff.

Took the trail up and the stairs down. The trail was steeper than we expected even though its pretty short. I'd recommend doing the loop the opposite way we did. Love the falls! Was very crowded as expected on a Saturday. There are multiple elevations to park at so its very accessible even if you're not a hiker.

definitely the most beautiful I've ever seen, the stairs are a definite workout!!

The falls are great the hike was very challenging but we loved it!

After walking the many steps downward. Taking in all the beauty of the falls. Got down to the bottom, went into the visitor center to inquire about the way up.
Options: stairs or trail.
Trail chosen. Many times the trail only included BIG rocks. Stopped to lean on trees.
Back to the lodge after about 2 hrs.
Felt great. Then I met a fella that had just completed the Appalachian trail. You see this is the end of the trail. He had been walking for 6 months.
I had a short lived victory. Oh well, so much for my 2 hours.
All in all, it was great!

love it

The stairs are strenuous, but in my opinion, it’s worth it. I loved getting to the top and seeing the waterfall from there. There were also a couple of other trails that you could hike... it’s easy to make a full day there!

This might not be the trail for you if you’re looking for solitude. If you have a dog “do not take the steps up! It will be very painful on their paws! I’m referring to the metal grates in each stair-Please take the trails- there are two/ a western and an eastern loop. Not very difficult on trail.

The hike isn't hard, but when it starts to get steep, it's okay to take a rest. The stairs aren't bad. The view of the waterfall and then the mountains on the other side is SO worth it.

Incredible view of Appalachian trail!

We started at the bottom of the falls and and went up the stairs then down the wooded trail. The only thing I didn't like was. The trail was curved in big loss rocks. Making it very easy to loss your footing.
knowing that now next time I will hike it the other way.

Amazing waterfall! Keep this in mind: there are two ways to get the waterfall. One is via a trail in the woods which you get to by entering the visitor center and going out the back door. The other is via stairs that run next to the waterfall. To get to the stairs you need to go past the visitor center and walk up the road a bit. The trail is fairly steep with some moderate terrain if you are amateurs like us. NOT recommended for dogs or kids. Nonetheless it only takes about 40 minutes to get to the top of the waterfall via the trail. We walked back to the visitors center via the stairs which offers some amazing photo opportunities.

Just beautiful, it was well worth the strain of climbing the steps to the top. I would definitely go again!

Nice view of the falls. If you have a dog you probably want to skip going up the stairs. They are open metal gratings and many dogs wouldn't use them. Actually saw a couple of people having to carry their dog. Makes a strenuous hike into a stressful hike.

The Eastern Ridge portion has some great mountain views but none of the falls. A good portion is a rutted out old gravel road that was more difficult to navigate.

We got a little more workout than planned for a short 2.1 mile hike. 610 foot vertical puts a lot of strain on your calves. The upper section of the eastern loop, is an abandoned, washed out road with large rocks. The lower section is a nice wooded switchback trail. The steps on the western loop are in good shape, mainly made of steel mesh. Great views. Do checkout the lodge. Great spot to sit on the deck and relax.

nice view