Allison Lake Wildlife Trail

Allison Lake Wildlife Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hillsboro, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful trail near and alongside the lake. Be careful in the observation deck, wasp were everywhere.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Weather was perfect today! We saw a rat snake climbing down a tree and several types of birds. My kids said this Trail was very easy and they really enjoyed the hike, even if there was a scary snake! Oh...TICKS! Lots of them, so check yourself!

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Pretty hike through hilly woods along the lake and a creek. The trail that goes off to the visitor center is sometimes hard to follow with downed trees and overgrown paths. There's a cemetery, several benches along the trail, and an observation deck to view the birds on the lake. I didn't find any ticks on me but I found one on my dog. Songbirds and wildflowers every where. Plan on going back here!

Monday, February 13, 2017

alot of ticks, even in February. still nice

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

simple fun place took my 2 and 4 year old and had a good day

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Kids loved it

Saturday, January 23, 2016

I have hiked here several times and I enjoy it. It is never over crowded and very peaceful.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017