New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Allenbrook House Loop is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Roswell, Georgia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 141 feet Route Type: Loop

Short hike. The main attraction here is the rock face where rock climbing and repelling is practicable. Perfect location to picnic overlooking Big Creek. If you’re in the area and looking for a longer trek with a waterfall, I would also recommend Vickery Creek Trail which is just on the other side of Big Creek.

If you want a nice short but scenic hike, this is perfect. Overlooks Big Creek and has very nice rock formations that you will hopefully find interesting. It can be a bit of a challenge on hot muggy afternoon's

Excellent short hike in N Atlanta. Steep climb at end of loop. The faint of heart can double back.

Sun Jan 06 2019

This was a shorter trail. I didn’t really see any wildlife like I was hoping to, except a couple of beautiful birds. I brought my dog with me and it was really beautiful and peaceful bike. The maps along the trail were a little misleading to me, as I believed it to show a bridge at the end of the trail that I could cross and get to the main road. I didn’t know the map was actually showing the bridge that is already on the main road and I would have had to actually turn around to get back. I ended up climbing the side of a steep hill with my dog in tow and got to the road that way. A lot of bramble and sticker bushes for me to turn around and I wasn’t feeling it. I would do the hike again, as it was a really gorgeous place and I know what to expect now.

Wed Dec 19 2018