Wekiwa Springs White and Red Loop Trail

Wekiwa Springs White and Red Loop Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Apopka, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until July. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.3 miles Elevation Gain: 216 feet Route Type: Loop

paddle sports

This park has an entrance fee.

Great time to hike! Lower humidity, Meadows in bloom, deer and turkey are visible, also saw a black bear.

very clean trails seen 7 deer 1 Turkey 2 fox squirrels and birds very nice trail. bring lots of water.

This trail should be renamed The Volksmarch Trail in the app, bc that’s what it is. It is the orange blazes, overlapping with the white blazed trail for a while. A really good central Florida hike, almost exactly 6 miles for the loop. Open areas and then canopied sections keep it interesting. We didn’t see too much wildlife this time but it’s definitely there. Not too much sugar sand and the trail(s) is well marked.

Wonderful trail which we visited March 30th. Beautiful and diverse vegetation! Highly recommend!

I specifically set out to hike the red trail today. It is 7.8 miles if you start from the parking lot near Sand Lake. Since I started from the springs, I had an extra 6.2 miles for the approach trail. There are several side trails that you can walk if you want a shorter hike. The red trail is only 20-25% shade, so bring your sunscreen. Almost all the trail is dry, though you may get tired of hiking in loose sand.

Great trail....take plenty of water, repellent, and a walking stick. I saw two beautiful deer and wild turkeys as well. Enjoy!

Wonderful trail and springs. Saw lots of wild life: a big deer, rabbit, and turkey. well marked and well kept.

Clearly marked trail. Need to secure trail map at park entrance. Several other trail options for both longer and shorter hikes. Bring something to swim in. The spring is crystal clear.

was excellent

Pleasant hike from the campgrounds to the Spring and Concession area. Literally ZERO bugs.

Great day for a hike in Florida. Nice trail, reasonably marked.

Great trail, well marked and very quiet.

Very quite, peaceful trail. A lot of open-field views. Saw a doe.

Didn’t make the loop. They were doing a controlled burn so we doubled back. Ended up walking about 10 km. At the end (also the beginning) we went for a swim in the Wekiwa Springs. Gin clear water.

This place is way overrated. It shows up as the most popular trail in FL when I search, but I can think of no less than 5 way better. It's alright, just basically a jaunt through the woods.

My family had a very pleasant walk. We saw a lot of wildlife and enjoyed the surrounding woodland views.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Bring bug repellent! If you go early or late to avoid the heat, the bugs are vicious. Biting flies and mosquitoes. Aside from that, it's a beautiful hike. One of the, real Florida, type of nature trails. Mostly shaded. We didn't have time to do the whole loop, but we'll be going back for sure.

Sunday, March 04, 2018

Had a nice time! Saw a skink on the white trail, and several birds I’m sure enthusiasts would enjoy as well.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Fun hike! I actually would say it is easy/moderate due to soft sand, tree roots, and sloping path. Beautiful Florida landscapes and most of the trail all you hear is nature, very peaceful.

Thursday, December 07, 2017

Easy trail. Park is still cleaning debris from storms but trails are clear and well marked.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

It was very nice. We came out to camp cozy and loved where it was at. No one bothered us. For Florida camping it was pretty primitive. They have a bear box and a non-potable water facet. The bear box was my favorit! After the hike in water and snacks awaited us with an awesome note etc! It was so cool so we decided to keep it going

Monday, September 18, 2017

A very nice leisurely stroll. Would recommend if you're visiting the area and want to experience some of the nature. Watch your step and keep an eye out for lizards!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

The 5 mile orange blaze trail was awesome. Really wanted to do the 13 mile white but it wasn't as clearly marked/overgrown

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Flat and easy.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Beautiful and well kept trail. I will be returning at least once a week. There are different loops you can take other than the 6.4 mile loop. The one I just took was 13+ miles (white trail).

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Easy flat sandy trail with changes from palm scrub to pine tree terrain. We saw a box turtle on the path. Make sure to bring your swimsuit to cool off at the spring at the end.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My first time here and loving it. So much to do. Will be bringing the whole family back. Right now just walking on the boardwalk with my son who is 3 months old. So looking for more stroller friendly places. But will come back and do the full trail soon.