Wekiva River and Rock Springs Run

Wekiva River and Rock Springs Run is a 15.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Sorrento, Florida that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

whitewater kayaking

All you can expect and more. Simply beautiful! Great hike!

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

We went camping end of September. We took a long hike through the trails. The trail is mostly soft sand so it's at times difficult to walk unless you are on the edges. There is no shade once of ever, so prepare yourself with hat and lots of water. Not a trail to go wow! but if cooler it would be a good work out. I would go again but definitely when temperatures are much lower.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

I went early on a Friday for my first time on the river and saw tons of wildlife. River otter, turtles, gators and more. At about 11 the river started to get pretty crowded. It seems like a really good party river on the weekends. Next time I go I'm going to start early mid week. I rented a single kayak and there are two options (sit in and sit on). Both of them weren't the best but the sit in kayak was extremely small unstable and uncomfortable so I switched to the sit on kayak and had a better experience. It was still a bit uncomfortable but very stable.

I have also hiked some of the trails around the area. Very easy hike and pretty awesome to see the springs.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

I've paddled many rivers but this one is by far my personal favorite. I first paddled this river in 1979 during a school field trip and it became a life long destination. I have paddled this area during all four seasons and they are all very different and equally enjoyable....well, getting stuck in an unexpected thunderstorm in July wasn't quite as enjoyable.....I've seen many gators, a variety of turtles, birds and even river otters and deer....can't wait to get back again.

sea kayaking
Thursday, March 14, 2013

Rock spring run. One of my favorite rivers to kayak. Classic Florida river. lots of birds, few alligators, and have seen deer. Recommend doing the paddle during the week day, can get quite busy on the weekends.

Sunday, May 02, 2010