Virginia Key Trail

Virginia Key Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Miami, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

paddle sports

beach

old growth

Beautiful sunrise! But I think the trails need more signage.

Rode Va Key this past weekend. Despite the damage from Irma, mt bike portion of the park looked pretty good. The volunteers who do trail maintenance are working hard and it shows.

great trails for riding

Great for a family friendly mountain biking trip!

Love this local trail!!

Awesome trail layout. Great breeze from the bay. Must do when in Miami.

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

I have a lot of fun!

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Really good

Friday, June 10, 2016

Beautiful sunrise setting!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Mountain biking in the different trailheads is great. They have different trails for different kinds of riders.
-Green circle is beginner
-Blue square is intermediate
-Black diamond is advanced.

They are currently working on a new trail and it will be considered a double black diamond. This is going to be a very difficult trail.

In conclusion I recommend to either go mountain biking, hiking, jogging, paddle boarding, kayaking, or enjoy a family picnic.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Good mostly made for mountain bikes

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Virginia Key is awesome! My dad and I went there for the first time, and did the novice and intermediate trails. They have an unbelievable set up, this is a must-do for locals. Although the trails are relatively shady, I do recommend bringing an energy bar and some water, the heat will wipe you out.

Monday, July 14, 2014

I would recommend this Trail for many people to start out enjoying the outside at first it was very enjoyable to me but I like the woods into deep forest but I do recommend this trail

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I am in love with these trails. I'm a beginner but quickly becoming better because I'm enjoying riding vk so much I go 2 to 3 times a week. I just started trail running the same trails which are kicking my butt but loving every minute of it. You forget where your at when your there.

Friday, February 07, 2014

Updates: "Wild Thing" (INT) has now been extended! It's got a huge stairs obstacle twice the height of the one inside "War Pigs". Then it connects to the outside tricks area/open field for an even wilder and longer ride! Expect to break a sweat when you hit this for the first time!

VK keeps getting better and better!
Gonna have to start contributing to the cause! :)

Sunday, January 19, 2014

This was our first time on this trail. Growing up in Miami, I've seen many changes in Virginia Key. This by is the best. The trails vary from easy to intermediate to advanced and there are mostly bikers on the trail, however tees could easily be hiked as we did. The views are spectacular and the atmosphere is great. Everyone is friendly and the seasoned bikers answered all our questions and gave us great tips. Bring insect repellent regardless of the time of year there are plenty of Mosquitos ready for a quick bite. Highly recommended - a true treasure in the heart of Key Biscayne. Take it from a Native!

Friday, January 17, 2014

Highly recommend. Five dollar cover charge, but well worth it. Beautiful sceneries with easy to advance trails. recommend mosquito repellant in the summer time.

Friday, November 01, 2013

It was nice to find there are terrific mountain biking trails right near downtown Miami. This is a perfect place to unwind after work or to do a midday ride if you work in the Brickell area and can sneak in a long lunch. The trails are well marked so you can skip some portions if you prefer to stick with beginner or intermediate trails. They are all fun and it's a great workout. I consider myself an intermediate rider but I will ocassionally take on the advanced trails. At Virginia Key I'll do every trail in less than an hour and that works well for me. Highway to Hell and War Pigs are the most challenging, but they are both a blast.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Trails are getting better with some tricky obstacles. Fast fast fast!

Saturday, August 03, 2013

I've done VK so many times its almost too easy now but omg sooo much fun every single time!! Highway to hell always kicks my behind, until recently that I finally went from entry level to a good intermediate bike ('13 DB Sortie FS)... Had to teach Highway to hell a lesson or two on my last trip there lol. Awesome trail, always fun! War Pigs is my fav "intermediate"