Violet Curry Nature Preserve Loop

Violet Curry Nature Preserve Loop is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lutz, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

peaceful suburban hike minutes from the highway- makes a nice quiet walk around a lake. good for dogs and kids.

Easy to go off many paths too choose from glad we had this app. Plenty of nature here to see. If you like birds there are three areas that were crowded with all kinds of birds including woodpeckers of different varieties. We also happened upon a red tail hawk who allowed us to take pictures and videos before flying away. We would definitely come back here again someday.

This place is great when there's nobody else there.

Another gem in Hillsborough County if you like natural paths surrounding water. There are smaller trails that are not well marked, but the preserve is bordered by streets so getting lost would be difficult. Waterfowl present and scenic spots overlooking the lake abound.

This is a small place, but lots of little trails. The map at the entrance says out and back, but ppl have made a narrow footpath so you can loop around the whole lake (Lake Flynn). No bathrooms or water, but it is a short hike so worries, just bring some water with you. It is mostly shady. I wish I had brought some bug spray, but this time of year we only had a few bites. A great place, can't wait to go back through out the year to see how it looks in the spring.

shaded no direct sunlight. quiet. not to many people.

It's a nice shady trail, but like Tim wrote 2 years ago, 10am 2 days ago, creepy guy hanging out at the entrance, eyeing up my mail friend as he waited for me to arrive. Was still there when we left an hour later, and 2 other creepy guys were waiting in 2 other vehicles for us to leave. Creepy guy was on a bike. He's about 6'2", wearing clothes for the mall, not the trail. I assumed it was a bunch of men looking for sex in the park. I don't intend to go back.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Monday, February 29, 2016

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Friday, October 16, 2015

Great place, more signs need it !! Beautiful lake...fun for a short hiking

Friday, May 01, 2015

My track on this trail is is incorrect. I think my iPhone gave up on me after a few feet, but we did about 2 1/4 miles. This is a flat, well-maintained trail in very urban area. Traffic noise from nearby I-275 provides a steady, but not terribly loud background,. The lake that is traversed by the trail appears to be mostly shallow with lots of lily pads, many of which were in bloom (May 1, 2015) along with a variety of wild flowers. Much of the trail is well-shaded, but a few short segments are in direct sun. Not much wildlife today. I saw a single squirrel and a few birds. Nice, peaceful stroll in the woods, but if you are looking for a challenging hike, this is not the trail for you.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

One of my favorites. Good for kids too.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Decent trail I would almost describe as urban due to its proximity to development on all sides. Quiet on the interior trails. Close proximity is a plus.