Upper Tampa Bay Trail

Upper Tampa Bay Trail is a 14.3 mile out and back trail located near Tampa, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great for hybrid and road bikes and family cycling

Great flat paved trail perfect for running, biking, skating, you name it. The views are nothing spectacular but then again it was made mostly for running and cycling.

we entered through the wilsky access point and traveled north on the trail. it was a nice walk. not lot of opportunity for unpaved hiking and what was available was a little questionable as when you get off the paved trail, there is some trash and liquor bottles. not really sure what you'd find if you went much further into the woods. on the trail was ok. wherever we go, we hope for very little traffic as we have a very nervous dog that is not able to enjoy the day with too much going on around him. Here, there was a LOT of bike riders that don't think twice about passing by as close as they can get even though they see us walk as far as we can off the trail to allow a wide berth. it was somewhat stressful at times for our pup. We are still on the lookout for a more secluded off road nature hiking experience.

Try it, you’ll like it.....very much.

I specifically use this for backpack training and gear testing. It works for me.

I do a 3 mile run every saturday and a full stretch cycling on sunday mornings starting from the YMCA point.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

This is a great trail for so many activities. It is a wide smooth paved rail trail that takes you past a number of parks. Most of the trail is shaded, and there are plenty of opportunities to refill your water bottle.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

This trail was awesome for biking.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

i ho every week now

Monday, March 06, 2017

Awesome

Sunday, November 06, 2016

This trial is the best :)

Sunday, November 06, 2016

A popular walking/jogging/biking trail. I parked at the Channel Park Pavilion lot off W Waters Avenue and headed north. My sunrise walk was a very nice way to start the day during our visit.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

I love this trail

Thursday, August 25, 2016

I went for the first time with my wife in the evening. It was pretty busy and not everyone respects lane etiquette but overall a very well maintained trail system. The full system (out and back) is just over 14 miles.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

This trail is great for biking or running. Pretty long (14 miles). Once in a while the bridge to keep going towards Citrus Park mall is closed. Check before going on a long route.

Monday, February 01, 2016

Meh, too many people walking dogs blocking the path for bikers

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Great

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Great, solid trail. Very fun and clean.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Nice trail for family walking , though the map was definitely directing to the wrong area

Monday, July 28, 2014

Favorite of our family: great easy bike ride, perfect for bike outings with little ones. Recommend parking in the lot just south of Alonso H.S. on Montague, which is the start of the trail. If this small lot is full, consider parking and starting at Target on Hillsborough Ave/Tampa Rd about 1/4 - 1/2 mile south of this lot. Bridge over Citrus Park Dr provides a great resting point - fun for the kids to watch the passing cars below, and it's the biggest "hill" in the area I've found that adds fun.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

I live in Tampa Bay area, and this is the trail to go for all those living in Pinellas and Hillsborough within a 10 mile radius. I like it a lot more than the Suncoast Trail just because I think it's more interestingly laid out, and you're not along a busy interstate the whole time. A lot of cyclists, walkers, and joggers. When I'm on it, I'm jogging.

Monday, October 28, 2013

directions took me to the middle of a neighborhood. no dice

Sunday, January 27, 2013

This is an amazing trail! I was a little unprepared for some of the hills and although I have driven by the pedestrain bridge I never reall realized how high and steep it was. There are multiple trailheads, benches, picnic tables, and water coolers along the route. There is also a bike shop where you can rent, sell, or repair bikes. Use caution there is a bridge with a blind curve and it gets VERY narrow, please use caution.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

hi

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Since its in my backyard, almost literally, I use this path alot. Yes it is paved and sometimes crowded, it's great for just about all types of trailing. Geocaching along the way, biking, hiking, rollerblading, etc. I use it for breaking in new backpacks and boots, as well as just calming runs.

Friday, November 18, 2011

This marked a few firsts for me: my first trail walk, my first 6 mile walk, my first review. I got on at the Old Memorial Trailhead, which is off Montague. From there, it's 1.3 mile to Channel Park (according to posted signs); from Channel Park it's 2.7 miles to Wilskie. I did not make it to Wilskie (this time), but plan to at some point. The trail itself was pleasant; the only snag was that due to work on the trail I had to cross Sheldon Ave rather than go under it. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. Also, I only saw 2 water stops, one at the Old Memorial trailhead and one around the 2.5 mile marker

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good condition trail with a decent amount of shade. Just hope you're not down wind of the landfill. You can't really see it, but if the wind is up you WILL smell it. But that is only a small portion of the overall trail. I prefer the Pinellas Trail, it has a little more variety and it is far longer.
UPDATE: A big section of the trail is closed, they are working on water lines, until Oct. 30th. Trail is closed from just before Gunn Hwy to Ehrlich.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hiking to me is like off-roading for your feet. The only pavement you should see should be the stuff you drove on to get there. The Upper Tampa Bay Trail was absolutely beautiful even though the trail is paved the whole way. However, that makes it an ideal spot to walk, rollerblade, bike and run. The people out there are so nice that I almost forgot I was Florida and not in Vermont. I went in through the Wilsky Boulevard Trailhead, which was not the directions I was given (I got alittle lost). I found two other trailheads online: Waters Avenue/Channel Park Trailhead and Ehrlich Road at Altaloma Street Trailhead. The facilities are first-class and very clean. The trail is 8 miles long. The blisters on my feet only permitted me to walked about 2.5 miles of the trail and I loved all it.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010