Topsail Loop

Topsail Loop is a 21.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Rosa Beach, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until February.

Topsail is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! I travel here every year and it is always a serene and beautiful experience! There are coastal dune lake and lots of trails through pine forests. I always see an abundance of wildlife! Hike out to Cambell Lake it is mesmerizing! I read the landscape here is only found in a handful of places in the world! It feels exotic and out of this world!

This was a great park... but you will have to pay to get in. There are paved parts and their are dirt trails as well. I had planned to bike the big loop, but it became much to sandy once I got off the paved roads. So be aware that the unpaved trails are mostly for hiking, not biking. This means the actual paved part of the park that is available for biking is limited and short. you can kinda ride the paved trail over and over as I did to get up to about 10 miles in total.

At the end where you walk onto the beach is actually awesome.. I great place to sit and relax after the bike ride.

I Google Earth measured the highlighted trail section and at most it is 5 to 5.5 miles long, where is the rest of it? I have not actually hiked it yet.

We happened along this trail while walking down the 30A beach. It has lovely views of the sand dunes and beach. Once in the woods the trail markers are sparse. Bring a trail app or at the very least have your Google maps going. For car-less hikers this trail can get you from the beach on 30A to Walmart on 98.