Timuquan Ravine Trail to Spainish Pond

Timuquan Ravine Trail to Spainish Pond is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jacksonville, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Had an amazing time bring one of my dogs here. It’s covered most of the way which is great for keep it cool as well as offer multiple different terrain options. Would recommend for anyone of any level to check this place out.

So many bugs. Will be avoiding until the fall/winter when the bugs are gone. Only did half my 3 mile run cuz I was getting ate up.

This is such a great place to go! Literally lived next to it for 25 years and never even gave it a thought about exploring it till last weekend. The Timucuan Trail was my favorite out of all of them. Tons of great photo ops!

Came early in the morning right at daylight...made it to the green trail vista right at sunrise...beautiful very well maintained trail with amazing views!!

hiked this for the first time with North Florida Trail Blazers. Excellent trails with elevations that most trails in this area don't have. Great views await you on this trail.

I enjoyed the local trail with the mixed terrain. It’s a great hike to do with friends or after work

Best hiking in jax if you’re looking for elevation

Well maintained trail with easy to read maps and trail markers. The trail is also dog friendly and has great views.

Good mix of terrain

Cool little evening trip - really enjoyed it, despite being convinced ol Willie Brown’s ghost still lingers around

Love this trail

it was a great trail we had a great hike well worth it

No concrete/asphalt!! Yay! Mostly semi packed sand and dirt. Several distances available as a loop or out and back. Easily accessible trail. Easy parking. Happy Trails:)

According to MapMyHike app and my fit bit it’s a little short of 5 miles the way we walk the trail. We are doing this 2-3 times a week around 9 am. You get to see an overlook and history throughout the trails plus a short elevated area . Not the mountains im used to from San Diego but this will do!! Next time we are crossing the street to fort Caroline loop to make it over 6 mile. In Instagram we are tagging #mayporthiking

Been hiking Timicuan for many years, as it is by far the most beautiful and diverse trail in Duval County.

Excellent trail but watch out for alligators! Came across a 6ft guy today just walking up the trail!!

Friday, June 30, 2017

Wonderful trail to run, walk, bike, or enjoy nature on the observation deck.

Friday, June 09, 2017

It's a very fun trail with some secrets.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Check in the visitors center

Saturday, May 13, 2017

The trail itself is very short and easy but I give it five stars because the history and fort are interesting and there's so much to learn. Plus the visitor center with tons of information.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

So far my favorite around Jax.

Monday, March 13, 2017

One of the most special places in Jacksonville. The area is maintained by the NPS and has a great overlook near the marsh area.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Love the trail! I was very scenic with lots of oaks.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Easy hike.

Sunday, December 18, 2016

This is a great park. A very easy hike. There weren't too many bugs and there was a nice bit of elevation. The look out point is stunning. Highly recommend visiting.

Monday, November 21, 2016

I have been to Fort Caroline numerous times, but never explored these trails nearby. Boy was I missing out. A little elevation change (for Florida), history, secluded woods, open marsh and river views all in one.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

I've been hiking/jogging this trail for years and so far it's my favorite in Florida. Beautiful scenery and connects to other trails for longer hikes. The bugs are bad in the summer but that is to be expected on any trail in Florida. Be sure to visit Fort Caroline while in the area.

Monday, July 18, 2016

We had a lot of fun learning about the history in the area and the trail was nice too. :-)

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Mosquitos were unreal today at dusk and I recommend avoiding until winter. This is one of my favorite trails in the area due to the history and scenery.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

the trails itself was pretty fun but there where a lot of mosquitos...big And fast And you dont see the warning sings about the zika virus carriers until you are already in the second trail!!!!....i may go back in winter!!