Timuquan Ravine Trail

Timuquan Ravine Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jacksonville, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail itself is very short and easy but I give it five stars because the history and fort are interesting and there's so much to learn. Plus the visitor center with tons of information.

So far my favorite around Jax.

One of the most special places in Jacksonville. The area is maintained by the NPS and has a great overlook near the marsh area.

Love the trail! I was very scenic with lots of oaks.

Easy hike.

This is a great park. A very easy hike. There weren't too many bugs and there was a nice bit of elevation. The look out point is stunning. Highly recommend visiting.

I have been to Fort Caroline numerous times, but never explored these trails nearby. Boy was I missing out. A little elevation change (for Florida), history, secluded woods, open marsh and river views all in one.

I've been hiking/jogging this trail for years and so far it's my favorite in Florida. Beautiful scenery and connects to other trails for longer hikes. The bugs are bad in the summer but that is to be expected on any trail in Florida. Be sure to visit Fort Caroline while in the area.

We had a lot of fun learning about the history in the area and the trail was nice too. :-)

Mosquitos were unreal today at dusk and I recommend avoiding until winter. This is one of my favorite trails in the area due to the history and scenery.