Timberlake Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eglin Air Force Base, Florida that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.4 miles Elevation Gain: 351 feet Route Type: Loop

My husband and I just got into mountain biking in the area and this was our first actual trail. Following the trail can be a bit confusing, but we had tons of fun for beginners. The trails are well worn and it is easy to tell the off-limit parts. If possible, I will update this comment as we explore more.

went yesterday to run and we can now use the other side again across the Lake so happy:) There are so many spiders out be careful. Had a great time and glad to be out here again!

I've just got back into mountain biking and this trail is an awesome workout on a bike!

Easy walk, but the trail can get confusing. There are so many trails back there that cross all over. Our 8.4 mile hike turned into a 9.5 mile hike. It's a nice area though. Your hike can be as long or as short as you want it to be.

To use this area a permit is required from Jackson Guard. Campground, Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert/Advanced mountain bike trail maps can be downloaded following the instructions at Jackson Guard eglin.iSportsman website. I hike the mountain bike trails and have seen more hikers than mountain bikers using them. Trails are crudely marked some better than others and are mostly well-worn and easy to follow. My favorite trails are those surrounding the lake which is, right now, a marshland (which I hope stays that way). Also as of Jan 2019, the trail dead-ends at the top of the lake where it is being dredged and drained. Hoping the trail is reconnected in the future and much prefer it as a marshland rather than a lake. I hiked the area in December and January and there were absolutely no spiders, bugs or anything! Definitely the best time to hike or bike it. Lastly there is a primitive campground located next to the lake as well.

I run on this trail regularly. Very well maintained for the most part, but trails are not marked so keep track of where you are if doing an out-and-back. Also, people rarely have their dogs leashed; I’ve been approached by friendly dogs but also attacked here (took awhile for their owners to get to their dogs and were incredulous that I was not happy about their dog going after me).

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Best option for Mountain bikers in this area by far and yes there are spiders its Florida! They don't eat much....

Friday, August 17, 2018

Some trails need to be cleaned up but still fun.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Carbo was a good workout. Lots of spiders!

Sunday, June 24, 2018

great for biking. not worth the $20 range fee to hike.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

A lot of spiders, I mean ALOT

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Great for nature walks with kids age 4 and up. I park at the intersection of range rd 234 and range rd 643. To the left, there is an entrance to the trail and from that point, it is about a mile to the lake. The kids love it! Some interesting terrain at the lake that the kids spend a while exploring. Until I got familiar with the area, I relied on a gps trails app.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Great starters trail for mountain biking.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Impressive for mountain biking trails!

Saturday, March 25, 2017

The trail was awesome. We brought our dog along and he loved. Trails were clear and easy to navigate. We only hiked 4.5 miles of it (the lower half). We definitely want to go back and hike the rest.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Trail was great, would like to see better signage and maybe a sign that directs new trail users back to trail head or fastest route to trail head every now and then.

Friday, November 25, 2016

great day in nature

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Well maintained, but the trial wasn't marked very well

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

There are an extensive amount of trails easily worth the $20 range pass that you have to purchase. The pass is good for an entire year and even if you're only going to ride the trails 1–3 times or more while you're on vacation it's worth it. The pros: you can spend nearly an entire day and not re-ride any section of the course. Trail is decently maintained with only some minimal overgrowth of brush in certain sections. While certain sections are rated as a "difficult" skill level really the entire trail is no more than beginner- intermediate. There are also some little man-made jumps and small banked turns that are fun to take. The cons: download and print a copy of the trail map. The AllTrails app and/or GPS is a must-have for this course. It is somewhat easy to get turned around on the back half behind Carbo. During the summer… Spiderwebs. They're everywhere. When I got done with the loop I had spiderwebs all over me and my bike. Also...The sandy sections of the course particularly in the turns. Washing out is to be expected if you have any semblance of speed.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

You have to call to get permission to go on the property, but all in all it is a very nice trail. Lots of shade.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Enjoyed this trail- beautiful terrain. There were a few gradual climbs, but of course, nothing strenuous. It has been raining, so sand was packed down nicely.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Great trail

Saturday, July 05, 2014

As others have said, very quite and peaceful. No snakes just plenty of tree spiders. Quite enjoyable. Pay attention at intersections, some arent marked too well.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Very quiet and shaded trail. There are many side trails off of the main trail and to walk all of them will take you over 26.2 miles. Not a beginners hike or bike ride. Many animal tracks, however I have yet seen any animal bigger than a fox.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Quiet, peaceful! It is only a 4 mile loop with other trails branching off- you COULD end up running 6 if you go back and forth on various trails.. Trail was pretty good, well maintained but the different trails are marked sporadically so it's easy to end up on the wrong one- recommend a GPS or this app to keep you headed in the right direction. Trail was over all very nice and I'd definitely come back!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Great shade, well taken care of, however the trail are not very well mark and we actually got lost for a good 30+ minutes.