The Florida Trail Segment 36: Scott Road Trailhead to FL 20 Trailhead

The Florida Trail Segment 36: Scott Road Trailhead to FL 20 Trailhead is a 16.4 mile point-to-point trail located near Fountain, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

I loved the trail. I took my dog a couple of days after hurricane Irma came through, since we were not affected much, I didn't think it was a bad idea. The trail was marked well enough that we were able to follow it with a few small trees down. We made it to the first bridge before we decided to head back. Perfect distance for us to make a little day trip. On the way back is when I decided we might should've waited a little while longer before we hiked after a hurricane stirred everything up. In addition to the spider webs (expected) on the way in, we now ran into not one but two rattlesnakes (one tiny but coiled and one crossed the holed trail.) Luckily my dog did not even notice them (even though she stepped right on the huge one; she was a bit excited to get out of the house after the weekend inside) and even the coiled up rattler decided to give us a break. Needless to say, this hike turned into a nice trail run. I am hoping that more heavy traffic (as compared seeing noone at all) would change these circumstances. Just a heads up to be careful out there and I would recommend the trail! :)

One of my favorite hiking trails!

Florida Trails, Scott Road Trail Head: incredible beauty, biodiversity, easy hiking that you can make more challenging with speed and/or off trail adventures! Just a short driving distance for panhandle residents!

Made a day hike out of it. 18 miles in a little over 6 hours. Parked at Scott Road Trail Head and had someone pick us up on HWY 20. Flowers are blooming, beautiful area, great hike!

Well maintained trail with a diverse terrain. The entire section was just over 18 miles and we hiked a total of about 9 hours. Lots of good camping at around the halfway point around Walshingham Bridge.

Beautiful scenery and sounds. Good spots for camping.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Monday, August 22, 2016

Sunday, April 24, 2016

this 18 mile trail has a year round waterfall, 2 suspension bridges. numerous areas to stealth camp. 2 hike in only camps with fire rings. spectacular views along the Econfina Creek. Several high bluffs and 2 Steepheads. One Steephead the trail goes down into as the other follows alongside the high ridge. An open praire and the trail enters into several stages of new growth Long Leaf Pine restoration areas.
Most of the trail is easy with several miles considered moderate.
Hikers have experienced sprained ankles and 1 broke leg several miles into the trail.
Volunteers have also located lost hikers at night.
Do not let Florida's flat trails fool you.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

PLEASE NOTE: this 18 mile trail is FOOTPATH only. the horse trail may interact with the hiking trail only at a few areas only.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Great

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

After doing other trails in the vecinity, this offers no great views. Great for a jog.