The Florida Trail

The Florida Trail is a 14.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sorrento, Florida that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Post Irma. Trail is wonderful. No mosquitoes either. Trail is well marked with orange paint on trees. How ever get 3 miles going north I did miss the trail. It does not go straight past the service road and Veres to the right. I tried to make it to black Creek, but came to something I call confusion corner. It was not obvious to me where the Florida Trail went. There were white markings blue markings even a red reflector on the service road. I may have been very close, but I decided to turn around. Since I was going to turn around at I creek anyway. I did startle a large turkey, saw several hawks, and a bunch of Cardinals. And 1 million butter flies

Beautiful walk

Monday, July 04, 2016

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Friday, July 03, 2015

This section of the Florida Trail snakes through Seminole State Forest west of the Wekiva River and gives you a view of a pristine piece of Central Florida wilderness. The land is covered by pine flatwoods and scrub, with scattered natural springs feeding meandering creeks and streams, some wide enough for a kayak.