The Florida Trail

The Florida Trail is a 14.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sorrento, Florida that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Very nice I started on the Florida trail, took a loop on the weikva trail, Was on the horse trail for while, then swing back around to the Florida Trail. Got rained on that felt good. Heard a big crash about a half mile in, finally turn my head and saw a beautiful deer. It’s really an open trail so be sure you bring a hat

We did a great moderate 10 mile hike on this trail with our pup. It was beautiful with a lot of wildlife, trees, and scenery. Most of the pathways are not groomed and you have to make your own trail after a storm or two. One thing I did not like was that people hunt here as well and that makes me nervous to hike during hunting season!

Hiked a section of this today while completing The Lower Wekiva Loop. The part I competed was well marked, Sandy (but not too bad), and mostly out in the open in the scrub. There was a nice shelter with benches and a fire ring close to the Bear Pond Trailhead. Didn't see much wildlife, but like most of the Florida Trail.... the surrounding beauty was enough.

I'm working on the Florida State Forest Trailwalker Program. If you want to follow my progress and read descriptions of the trails I complete, visit my blog at www.floridatrailblazing.com. Stay safe and Happy Hiking!

Post Irma. Trail is wonderful. No mosquitoes either. Trail is well marked with orange paint on trees. How ever get 3 miles going north I did miss the trail. It does not go straight past the service road and Veres to the right. I tried to make it to black Creek, but came to something I call confusion corner. It was not obvious to me where the Florida Trail went. There were white markings blue markings even a red reflector on the service road. I may have been very close, but I decided to turn around. Since I was going to turn around at I creek anyway. I did startle a large turkey, saw several hawks, and a bunch of Cardinals. And 1 million butter flies

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Beautiful walk

Monday, September 12, 2016

awesome!

Friday, July 03, 2015

This section of the Florida Trail snakes through Seminole State Forest west of the Wekiva River and gives you a view of a pristine piece of Central Florida wilderness. The land is covered by pine flatwoods and scrub, with scattered natural springs feeding meandering creeks and streams, some wide enough for a kayak.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017