Tavares Nature Trail

Tavares Nature Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tavares, Florida that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

This is a nice trail if you are looking for to get out for a short walk. I tried to follow the loop in the description map but got a little past the bend and it came to a dead end. I didn't see a path anywhere so I just went back the way I came. I noticed that there are other paths but didn't want to end up at another dead end.

I'll probably come back on a day that doesn't look like it's gonna rain and check out the other trails.

The main path has a little bit a standing water on the trail but other than that the trail is well maintained.

Your GPS will take you straight to this park. It goes through a mobile home park so don't be fooled! Make sure you use your GPS or phone because it has crisscross all over the place. The bridge is closed looks rotten. Part of the trail small part you have to slog through because of ankle deep water. Just a small part though. I did see a rabbit. You will never be far from the noises of the road, but it's an interesting little park. I also saw a turkey footprint

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Monday, June 02, 2014

Needed to take the dogs for a walk, nice little area. Bring bug spray.

Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pretty little wooded area. Absolutely riddled with trails so it isn't too difficult to get the length you are looking for. We had to make a few loops, but it all worked out. Very clean, and quiet.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pretty area, but small area of the trail has garbage needing to be cleared, parts of the trail not well defined, and bring some spray because we all got ticks.

Friday, December 07, 2012

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Nice easy trail. Nice views.