Starkey Park Loop Trail

Starkey Park Loop Trail is a 9.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New Port Richey, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My dog and I had a great hike today in Starkey Wilderness Park. Walked a little over 7 miles and enjoyed every mile.

Great trail for family hike!

They added some new trails, to include Twisted Pine and Deliverance, on the south side of the paved trail. These are very nice trails, flow, and are usually high and dry. As opposed to the northern trails, which don't flow as well and are frequently muddy.

Great trail my first time here but got terribly lost. real dense woods. Lots of holes and roots on trail.

Peaceful and great views for picture taking!

All I want to do is the actual 10 mile, Starkey Loop that's on all the maps. So far, both times, the trails have been either gone, poorly marked, or not marked at all. Beautiful hike though.

Went two days in a row with my 10yr old son. This is the first we've tried hiking and we're hooked! Thank you Starkey Park. You're now on our belt notch as completed mark trails. We'll definitely come back to explore a little off trail sooner then later.

Sunday, October 16, 2016