Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Stark Nature Trail

Stark Nature Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New Port Richey, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

First trail I've hiked at Starkey Park. Nothing particularly special. Lots of stretches of mud and ankle deep water to trudge through. Highlight was the litte boardwalk but overall not one that I would go back to.

We've had a wet winter here, so this trail was the muddiest I've ever seen it. Enjoyable anyway.

Saturday, March 03, 2018

A little bit swampy toward the back of the trail, but over all, very enjoyable.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Tried to hike this trail with my Chocolate Lab and could only get so far before it became too muddy and there was too much standing water to pass. Even without the dog. I understand that the river is a Blackwater River slow moving and tea-colored but we weren’t even able to get to the river spur before we had to turn back. The rest of the route was great, quiet and remote. Markers everywhere so it is difficult to get lost. Be prepared for mud and might be impassable even in the dry months let alone in the summer where it rains everyday.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017