Single Creek Trail and Lake Fran Trail Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(29)
Eagle Nest Park

Single Creek Trail and Lake Fran Trail Loop is a 4.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orlando, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 km Elevation Gain: 0 m Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

An urban wetland and a nesting area for the American Bald Eagle are within the perimeter of this 485 acre park on the Citys far west side. The facilities in the park include baseball and soccer fields, trails with supporting restroom/concessions facilities, lighting, parking, and landscaping. The majority of the land in the park is an educational environmental study area. The City shares the recreational facilities with Eagles Nest elementary school.

Serene and quiet trail even though is in a Very populated area not many people do the trail mainly they stay in the park area which is right next to it with lots of open space and sport facilities, ample parking is available, I love this trail, I go mostly everyday around 7pm and is not crowded which I appreciate it.

This trail is pleasant enough, although not very scenic. The first bit is quite pretty with a lovely park as your starting point, and as you enter the trail there is forest on either side, but soon you arrive just behind a residential area, and the rest of the walk is essentially along those homes and road, and not exactly peaceful. I believe this would be a great place to ride a bike and get some exercise, but if you're looking for something scenic and tranquil, this probably isn't the trail for you.

This was a great first trail for me and my dog. It was flat and a great length. Yes it just about killed me but my dog and I pushed through. Only thing was no real shade. But the bugs was too a minimum. I didn’t need bug spray at all. All in all, a great first walk

I highly recommend this trail if you are in the area and would like a nice spot to walk your dog. The lake is beautiful, it’s not as scenic as other trails I’ve been on but I enjoyed it. Lots of birds if you are into birding, but there is not a lot of shade, so plan accordingly.

Nice and easy hike, disappointed at people from throwing trash all over. They should respect nature!!

Fri Jan 18 2019

We passed by 3 used condoms on the trail, luckily the kids didn't notice. Lots of birds

Tue Dec 25 2018

good trail for running with dogs

Tue Nov 06 2018

As explained neighborhood is meh but so far I have just seen fishermen, kids going to school, old timers on a walk and people walking the dog. Lake is beautiful to me, I like to jog there at sunrise or later before the Hot hours

Sat Mar 24 2018

Trash everywhere and borders a rough neighborhood. Not nearly as peaceful or serene as what you might be looking for. Since I have to give it 1 star, I'll say it is because the birds are plentiful, other then that this was not an enjoyable walk by any means. I will not ever consider bringing my family here.

Tue Jan 02 2018

Garbage everywhere.

Tue Jun 20 2017

The lake was pretty good. The birds were plentiful. The trail was paved with little shade. There was too much trash in the water and some illegal dumping sites. There were eagles on the nest on top of a ball field light.

Wed Mar 29 2017

Walking/Running. Some times you will see gators and you will definitely see a variety of birds.

Tue Dec 03 2013

It's nice & quite lots of room. Saw one guy practicing his golf swing.

Sun Sep 16 2018