Seven Sinks Trail

Seven Sinks Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Crawfordville, Florida that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 42 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I would rate the loop itself as easy. There are several areas on this logging type road filled in with large crushed rocks and it’s overgrown. The single track trail at the back of the property is tight and overgrown with several fallen trees, which I would rate as moderate. All in all it was a nice, peaceful loop and singletrack trail with several sinkholes. Primitive and no restroom or water facilities.

I went hiking with friends on 4/13/2019, and the trail was churned up by vehicle activity. The surface was uneven for most of our hike. Not great conditions for people with bad ankles or knees. I’d try again later this year and see if they fixed the trail. I also want to mention that they are widening Crawfordville Highway so you’ll see the busy road during the first quarter mile of the hike.

Saturday, July 21, 2018