Serenova Tract

Serenova Tract is a 9.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hudson, Florida that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This tract is part of the Starkey Wilderness Preserve.

My wife and I had an awesome hike on the Serenova Tract this week. We began by making our way to the fishing lake noted on the map, and continued south to some lovely river crossings in beautiful woods. It was a fabulous place to stop and eat some snacks away from the heat. Really my favorite part of the trip. From there, progressed west on some water logged but exposed trails. Then headed north then east along a route by the power lines then back to the lake. The trip was enjoyable and about 10 miles. That was slightly longer than anticipated, but all around a nice journey.

Items to note: Definitely a fair amount of exposure on a number of the trails, route can be sandy or rocky at times, river crossings exist but are a blast to cool off some and filter some water, and my main complaint is the lack of signage and overgrown trails on the far west side near the power line route that heads north-south. Otherwise, well marked per the map at the entrance. Also, really nice camping spots near the entrance!

as another rider stated the rocks can be a issue for horses with tender feet but if you stay on the very edge of the trail you can avoid most of the rocks but once you get past them its a great ride you can walk or run like the wind one day my friend and I rode for over 8 hours we made it all the way to S.R. 54 and back

we have been riding on these trails for several years Great Place to go but of course you need your own horses it is beautiful

My first hike in Florida, nice easy trail, well we call them dual tracks or roads in Colorado. It's well marked and the app worked great when I took a wrong turn. A little burn at the beginning but quickly got out of that. Avoid hiking the power line road it's just boring and hot. Thanks

Always enjoy the trail. Plenty to see and very isolated. The lakes are perfect for fishing and the campgrounds have fire rings and a bathroom!

Very nice ride on the horses. The park is well maintained but they have added a lot of compacted rock to the main trails. Can be an issue for horses with sensitive feet.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

good hike, no fish. maybe next time

Friday, June 03, 2016

horse flies are pretty bad so wear bug repellent. well maintained trails and clearly marked. little overgrown right now.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

very nice primitive camping

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Monday, November 09, 2015

Good quality trails. Well maintained. The people that I met along the way were awesome.

Sunday, September 27, 2015