Santos and Vortex Area Bike Trails Loop

Santos and Vortex Area Bike Trails Loop is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Ocala, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

These mountain bike areas are within the Marjorie Harris Carr Cross Florida Greenway area. This is a popular mountain biking area with trails ranging from easy to very difficult. There are many more trails in this area than the red line route on the map portrays. Although often used by bikers, these trails are open to hiking and walking as well. This route starts at the Santos Trailhead on SE 80th Street. It then continues into the Vortex section on the west side of SE 25th Ave. There is a paved walking/biking trail - the Cross Florida Greenway - adjacent to these mountain bike areas. The paved section continues several miles west.

Awesome place for all skill levels. Well maintained. Will definitely be back.

Awesome trails! Something for every level...and I do mean every level beginner-Pro!

I’ve never been here early. It was chilly high 30s but beautiful. I always wish I had more time

Short hike. Beautiful weather.Seen more people on the trail. Which is good.

This is a very well maintained and well trafficked trail. Nicely paved, well marked trails. It is a great trail for 1/2 marathon training, slight inclines and declines with level road in between. I will definitely be coming back!

biked this trail to the 6 mi mark and it is BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to go back. Rented bikes at the shop across the street from the start of the trail. Great place to rent and they were really helpful. We are two over 65 y/o and did well considering neither of us had been on a bicycle in 40 years. Can't wait to go back.

Beautiful day. There were other people hiking, which is always nice. I took to Florida trail for the most part; it’s super Well marked. I did walk on the bunny trail which is part of a bike trail does pretty good too. There are bugs. But no mosquitoes. And spiderwebs

wonderful paved multi use trail!

Monday, December 11, 2017

Great ride. Very clean.

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Beautiful weather. Ended up at dusk. I hiked the bike trails. They are steep areas in some parts I wish I brought my trekking poles

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Went mountain biking and it was a lot of fun. The yellow routes were a little too easy and the blues were definitely doable and the most fun. Good for family time or just hanging with some friends.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Post Irma 10 days First off, the mosquitoes are really bad. So make sure you bring some deet. If you're hiking you'll probably need to stick to the bike trails, they are pretty much clear. The Florida trail is not. Interesting post Irma Walk. Huge. I mean huge trees are down. Pretty amazing walk.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

trail=excellent
day=HOT

Sunday, June 18, 2017

I just wanted to keep going and going. Gorgeous!

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Love Santos! The best mountain biking trail around!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Great day riding with my son! Clearly defined and well maintained trails for beginner level riders. Can't wait to go back and try more advanced trails!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Pity the walking trail was not a loop like the biking trail.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Thursday, January 19, 2017

nice hike not difficult at all. I wish it was a longer trail :)

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

love this hiking trail but wish the walking was loop....

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Had a lot of fun taking the bike or here today. Trails were well maintained and had different skill levels available. Being a beginner to mountain biking, i stayed mainly on Pine Tree, which have me plenty of exercise!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Great but damn was it hottttt!!! No air movement through the trails

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Nice trail. This extends out much further if you are up for a multi day hike.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

fun trail

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Love this trail but have to say the hiking trail is not a loop just the bike trail but with that said its still one of my favorites it's very well kept I walk it at least once a week

Monday, November 23, 2015

awesome trails. Had a blast.

Friday, July 03, 2015

Just awesome and had a lot of fun with my family

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Love this trail. Great biking and hiking trails Good for all levels. Highly recommend it. If hiking you will see interesting wildlife, if biking trails are nicely kept and nice shade while riding.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

impressive! great job, variety. we need more like this.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Amazing.... Trails all well marked, something for everyone! From yellows to double black diamond.