Rhodine Scrub Preserve Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(45)
Stephen J Wortham Park

Rhodine Scrub Preserve Loop is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Riverview, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 95 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail. Some places not well marked if you really want to follow this trail definitely keep an eye on the map at all forks. Beautiful nature walk.

Thoroughly enjoyed this trail. One of my favorites in the area.

So many flowers!!!

Hiked the red and blue trails...AWESOME...saw a hawk eating a snake, a pileated woodpecker, bluebirds, 2 small hogs..about 30 pounders, forgot my binoculars to see critters in the pond..I went on an overcast sprinkly kind of day. Can't wait to go back to photograph some more.

I started this trail intending to run 30 or so - I got lost and ended up running for about 2 hours. Nonetheless, I met a few turtles, snakes and jumanji sized mosquitoes which kept things interesting! Would recommend for the adventurous at heart. 5 Stars.

Nice local area to hike. Today I hiked roughly 5.3 miles. Trail conditions great, sandy trail was dry, and temperature was good(afternoon hike 79 degrees).

There are a lot of the trails that are shaded but mostly because it’s overgrown, the blue and red trails are easy to follow but going by AllTrails also will lead you along the horse trail that is very hard to follow. I didn’t see any wildlife, and if it rains just a little bit some of the trail will be very muddy or underwater

Wed May 01 2019

Definitely will not be coming back here unless if it is under 75 degrees outside. I walked the red and blue trails and ended up on an old horse riding track. The only thing I saw that was alive was a fast-moving turtle that I couldn't even get a picture of. the red and blue trails are very well marked, but once I got to the horse trail they were gone. I never found the pond even though according to my map I was right beside it. It took me 22 minutes to get from the parking lot to the trailhead. Tons of sand that is unavoidable will give your legs a great workout. If you're wondering what it feels like to be in the Sahara this is a great place to start. There are several different paths so I used the map on this app to make sure I wasn't going backwards. I ended up walking 4.9 MI and I would estimate that only one mile is shaded. Bring lots and lots of water. I ended up soaking myself with one bottle of water and drinking almost my entire 2 liters in my CamelBak.

Sat Apr 27 2019

Judging just the Trail I give it 4 stars. If I were rating the whole park I'd give it a 2.5 star rating. The trails are good. Terrain is decent. Sandy in some spots but you can mutter through it. I took two kids (6 and 7) and just did the 1.25 loop and they did fine. We did not see much wild life except for centipedes galore. I plan to go back and do the larger loop solo. Now as for the park. I call this park "Sketchy Park" I am pretty sure there is not park ranger here. there is aalways trash everywhere and the condoms on the floor never cease to amaze me. But no one has ever haggled me and I didn't die. if you can get past the park and on a trail you're golden.

Sat Mar 16 2019

3/16/2019 This is the second time that we have done this trail. It felt like a whole new trail in a lot of different places because you can really vary it up. You can go as far or as little as you want to. Very dry. Little bit Sandy in some spots but not unbearable. Facilities at the beginning of the trail. Easy parking, easy to get to, very enjoyable. Some spots are not shaded very well… So that is to be considered. Well marked.

Sun Mar 10 2019

Part of the trail was flooded. It was passable through the brush but that caused me to loose the trail for a while. The shorter trails on this trail loop are marked it is only when you get onto the blue trail that the markings become scarce.

Sat Jan 19 2019

Bring lots of water

Mon Nov 05 2018

This place gets a bad rap because folks want groomed trails with signs posted everywhere, blah! I have hiked and biked this area and the most appealing part is that it’s NOT marked. Life is an adventure, go explore! There is actually more than 10 miles of trails throughout the park and preserve to hike. In the dryer months the sand can be deep. In the cooler months you can find a lot of birds to photograph on the two lakes and small pond. There is also a swampy area on the NW side that is teeming with turtles and a small gator - great for photos, but you’ll need a longer lens for them.

Thu Oct 25 2018

they have started to run 5K races out there. There are other trails out there which I plan to explore soon. It is best to take an app with the trail on it so you can stay on course. The area has potential. The only problem I have with it is that once you are on the trail there are no short cuts if you need to get off sooner than expected.

Tue Aug 21 2018

rain washed out the path from the night before

Thu Oct 26 2017

Tried to run this trail. It’s not marked or maintained. I don’t recommend this trail.

Sun Oct 19 2014

It was okay. I won't do it again. It was overgrown. The trails were not marked well at all. The "trail" we did see and follow was only 1.3 ish miles. Take bug spray

Mon Apr 29 2019