Port Bougainville Trail

Port Bougainville Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Key Largo, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This was a very peaceful trail that I walked with my dog once some stormy February weather passed. We encountered a couple of joggers but otherwise had the whole trail to ourselves. As a solo female (plus aforementioned dog), it seemed a bit remote at times. However, I enjoyed every second of this trail. The signs describing the trees and bushes were informative, and I stopped to read each of them. As an FYI: there is a port-a-potty around 200 yards in, but no water. I will make this trail a part of all my trips to the Keys from now own.

A nice mile loop (you can do it as a 2 mile loop) I did with mom and dad on the way back to Miami from Duck Key. Trees are well identified by tags. Trails, however could have been a little better marked. Nice and easy, flat loop. A handful of picnic tables are at the entrance to the loop, with a few benches around the trail. Very nice walking hike.