Pinehurst Trail

Pinehurst Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near West Palm Beach, Florida that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

old growth

It’s located close by to Greenacres Freedom Park, and you can park here to walk to the trail. There’s two ways of getting to the trail, which entrance is located on Pinehurst Drive. If you go the intended route, you’ll have to park and walk to the trail entrance located on the street via the sidewalk. The second way has you cutting Southwest through the soccer field of Freedom Park, and into a side entrance that’s located close to the street.

The actual trail itself is a mountain bike trail that also allows walking, but you’ll need to be aware of your surroundings because bikers here are frequent. Very pretty trail for both biking and walking. There are a good variety of roadblocks to overcome for bikers, like stumps, branches, rocks, & roots. Walkers can experience the same things, but there’s usually a more “mild” trail option to get over any obstacles.
The trail is pretty tight, two people can just about walk abreast but a lot of places will have you dropping down to single file.

Didn’t experience much wildlife on this trail other than a few birds, but there were no bugs so that was nice. It was also nice that even though there were plenty of areas with thick cover, the wind flow was pretty consistent so it wasn’t hot.

I was looking for a forested dirt trail to hike this afternoon, and found this. It was a good choice, the trail is easy to hike. Some roots to look out for, but the trail is nearly all flat. In the background, I heard squealing earthmoving machines across the canal, and the highway is on the other side, so you don’t quite get away from the city, but that is hard to do in South Florida.

It is a multipurpose path, so mountain bikers use it too. I had a few of them passed by me, very pleasant people. Don’t use headsets, otherwise you will not be able to hear them coming up behind you. I hiked on a weekday after Christmas, in the mid afternoon, and I only saw a few other hikers.

The trail is somewhat marked, not all clearly, but good enough. I show that the trail is more than 3 miles though, longer than what I expected.

Closest I've seen to the trails I used to run up north. Very serene with little traffic. The only issue I had was the signage (or lack of) on the trail. Very easy to get confused with where you are and how to find the way out. Even with gps help, I was still making wrong turns.

Nice trail, well maintained, couple mountain bikers out today. Took about an hour to hike. The reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 is because it was quite loud with the road next to most of the trail, car noice, construction from a water treatment center. Overall a nice little hike.

Love it

This trail was really nice. Of course it was hot and humid as hell (it's in South Florida during the summer), but the trail was really fun!

Beautiful trail

I'm new to mountain biking and this was a good challenging trail for me. I'll be back for more experience.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Very nice trail to walk.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Its a fun trail challenging yet very do able its an all around good trail and best part its 8 mins away from me! Couldnt find the trail when i got there... Asked some of the people on bikes and they rode wit me to show me the entrance so nice people go aswell! So thats why i give it 5⭐️

Saturday, February 27, 2016

First time. Followed the blue line. Can confirm - you'll have fun. For a moment I almost thought I was back in Colorado. A slight con, you can still hear the soccer field and road but overall it is an uplifting escape. We walked the trail. Take note, make sure you share the path with bikers.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

I walked this trail. Two important notes: the majority of this trail is narrow; be aware of bicycle riders, so you can let them pass, and depending on the trail the mileage varies so be prepared.

Friday, December 04, 2015

Nice

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Great For Training For That Next Backpacking Trip..Only Bad Thing Is Too Flat Little Hills Here And There Other Than That Great Place.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Brutallll

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Amazing

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Fun little trail approximately 4 mile loop. A lot of roots and small obstacles. Only a couple small jumps. The difficult is not too difficult. Only trail in west palm area worth riding.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ok if you like A bit of a challenge this is it. Trail running on these m bike trails is fun . Lots of sharp turns , roots , roots and roots, overgrown tropical vegetation , ramps , old downed trees , loose sand , lots of sun and a maze that will guarantee to get u lost more than once. All in all a treasure . Be forewarned expect a few falls due to obstacles probably safer bringing a partner just in case enjoy !!!