Picnic Island Loop

Picnic Island Loop is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tampa, Florida and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

definitely an in and out trail, and the first half is a frolf course so beware of discs. very pretty and easy hike. the surprise dog beach was a nice find.

Monday, July 28, 2014

In and out trail that keeps you close to relaxing water views, which is pleasant. View it as a relaxing way to stroll near the water that's easy for any age or ability. Note: you first drive through a very industrial area to access the park.

Monday, February 18, 2013

I loved this spot! There was beach, boardwalk, and paved to choose from. Along the beach was really gorgeous. I'm looking forward to going back and taking my dog. I know she is going to love it!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Great little trail. I saw it as an out and back and not a loop. Low tide is best. I went with my son near sunset and we walked slowly (about 2mph). I have complete information within my blog:

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

this is a nice little park in port Tampa. The trail is very mellow and easy but very nice views of The bay.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

This was a very short hike and not difficult at all. Most of the area was wet and since it was low tide, I would assume that during high tide the area is underwater. The area is beautiful though. It was would a good place to kayak or fish. I saw more kayakers and fishermen than I did hikers.