Picnic Island Loop is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tampa, Florida that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

beach

partially paved

not much of an established trail. need to avoid disk golfers. The Trail to the tail end curving into the bay is overgrown and under water during tids. It has not been maintained in some time, the garbage in the trash bin is months old.

The park is nice for boat launching, picnic gatherings and dogs as it mentions. But hiking? I think not. It does have a secluded area for kayak launching.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

definitely an in and out trail, and the first half is a frolf course so beware of discs. very pretty and easy hike. the surprise dog beach was a nice find.

Monday, July 28, 2014

In and out trail that keeps you close to relaxing water views, which is pleasant. View it as a relaxing way to stroll near the water that's easy for any age or ability. Note: you first drive through a very industrial area to access the park.

Monday, February 18, 2013

I loved this spot! There was beach, boardwalk, and paved to choose from. Along the beach was really gorgeous. I'm looking forward to going back and taking my dog. I know she is going to love it!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Great little trail. I saw it as an out and back and not a loop. Low tide is best. I went with my son near sunset and we walked slowly (about 2mph). I have complete information within my blog:

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

this is a nice little park in port Tampa. The trail is very mellow and easy but very nice views of The bay.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

This was a very short hike and not difficult at all. Most of the area was wet and since it was low tide, I would assume that during high tide the area is underwater. The area is beautiful though. It was would a good place to kayak or fish. I saw more kayakers and fishermen than I did hikers.

Saturday, October 14, 2017