North Fork Black Creek Trail

North Fork Black Creek Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Middleburg, Florida that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

way too sandy not good for trail jogging. I didn't find it very scenic either. I did a 2 mile loop with my dog.

Nice winter afternoon spot but alas another florida sand slog

Friday, April 22, 2016

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Parts of this orange trail that overlap the blue horse route are very sandy. When you get more in the forest toward Black Creek, many areas of the trail are completely covered in water. Small paths through the woods are easily found to circumvent most of those spots. (Was one week past heavy rains when I went.)
Overall, peaceful and lovely.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

not very scenic, our guide got lost twice on the blue trail, very sandy terrain, but I enjoyed it as I am new to hiking & trying to build up my hiking leg muscles.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Not for anyone seeking a great variety of foliage. Driving on the sandy road to the entrance is perilous, at best. Black Creek was the best part, just off the camping area. The group was lucky enough to spot an otter running across our path.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Love walking this trail! It's very quiet and remote. Gotta watch out for ticks and sand spurs though.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nice easy trail. There were lots of sand spurs.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Very quiet, very serene. But be careful because some maps give you the impression that it's a loop trail. There are actually many smaller paths and trails and it's very easy to go down the wrong one. I got lost (first time ever) and managed to find my way out, although I ended up half a mile down the road.

Friday, February 01, 2013

Monday, January 21, 2013

Quiet and beautiful! Some trails are poorly marked, I make sure to bring a map with me :)

Friday, November 16, 2012

There us a primitive camping site about half way out the trail that can also be accessed buy canoe or kayak.

Saturday, October 27, 2012