Nocatee Preserve Trail

Nocatee Preserve Trail is a 7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ponte Vedra, Florida that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

42 minutes ago

I think the trail is better for riding a mountain bike rather than the walking we did but it's a decent hidden location with lots of quiet. We only did 5 miles walking but will return with bikes next time. We had no issues with wildlife or water.

I would give this less then a star if I could. My boyfriend and I came out here for a nice hike and got lost several times with all the bends in the trail and then after walking over 10 miles snd 4 hours later we finally made it to our car. Very poorly marked and not very sturdy ground for walking.

This has to be the best kept secret in this area for mountain biking! We are a military family having traveled a great deal and this is by far one of our favorite gems! There are built in ramps throughout the trails making this spot unique! Enjoy and wear bug spray!

Had a great time checking out this trail! I walked 2 miles in and then back out and stayed on the main trail. I never hit any wet spots, early April. Some beautiful scenery along the way, it was an awesome time. There were a lot of side trails to explore which I will check out next time and do the full 8 miles. Great bike trails too. Definitely worth checking out!

I enjoy walking on this trail but I would never take my family here. It's heavy on wild natural Florida settings but along with that comes large snake populations, many alligators, and wild boars which are not intimidated by humans.

It offers views of hardwoods, swamp, cypress swamp, salt marsh, pine forest and more. Definitely wear bug spray as the ticks are prevalent further in on the trail.

We found this trail to be slightly challenging due to lots of standing water blocking the path. the tide seemed to come in and on our way out we had to walk through ankle deep water for a mile. spotted five snakes, two of which were pygmy rattlesnakes. also saw a gator, a turtle, small crabs, and several banana spiders. not a kid friendly trail but it was a good adventure.

Nice relaxing trail. Did not know Iris' grew in water. So many along the edge of the swamp lands. Be careful as I saw a rattlesnake, almost walked right into it.

Hiked the round trip 8.2 miles. Nice, straight and wide path the whole way. Has not rained a lot recently so only came across a little standing water that was easy to get around. It was an overcast and breezy day...perfect hiking weather. We only passed a few other folks...a few on horse back and a couple trail runners as well as some bike riders doing the bike trails. Once you reach the end of the main trail, when you head off to the left, you go another 1/2 mile down to the inter-coastal with a couple different paths you can explore once there. Beautiful view of the marsh and waterway.

We first walked this trail just to check it out and realized it would be great for biking since the trail is wide enough for a car and very long and straight. The problem is that the trail is in swamp land and has a lot of standing water as well as low lying water areas that are probably due to the tide. You are far away from anyone so once you get on the trail and you have to be prepared for wildlife. There are signs posted.
The first part of the trail is easy for biking but it gets much tougher as you proceed to the wetter areas. It is a beautiful trail though with streams and swamp vegetation.