Nocatee Preserve Trail

Nocatee Preserve Trail is a 7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ponte Vedra, Florida that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

Easy, wide fire breaks and some decent, but flat single track. Not a fan of the bridges and concrete bricks on the MTB trails - people shouldn’t be afraid to get a little dirty. Good family trails though since even the cheapest WallyWorld bike can handle these trails.

I had a blast. It’s quiet and peaceful, hardly any people but there are a ton of fiddler crabs. Really cool place to see nice trails as well. I can see it not looking so good after a rain storm.

wide trails, flat surfaces

Awesome trails

A well traveled wide trail that got a little muddy at the end with lots of hog, racoon, deer, and turkey tracks but no sightings today. Hiked mid-day so no surprise there.

It allows dogs on a leash. Nice walk with a wide trail. Easy for kids.

Fun time. Main Trail is relatively flat vehicle wide trail. Offshoots of the main trail are mountain biking trails (or single tracks).

Easy walking with some areas of the trail covered in shallow pools of water. Don’t fret over the mud and keep going.

Plenty of wildlife if you keep your eyes peeled for them.

January hike so bugs were not an issue.

Several benches along the way if you need a break.

Enjoy

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Very flat.... but this is a nice, well maintained trail with several fun manmade obstacles. If you're interested in just putting down some single track miles, or introducing a new/ young rider this is perfect.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Had a great time and you will love the view at the end!!!!

Friday, April 14, 2017

Thursday, March 30, 2017

I was expecting worse from the other ratings. This isn't that bad. Saw a deer, snowy egret, blue heron, crabs. Lots of butterflies.
Pros: nice long hike with relatively flat terrain; lots of shade; good parking.
Cons: a little boring, not that well maintained; definitely bring bug repellent. I didn't and wish I had. Lots of bitey things.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Fairly boring on some stretches. The first mile out was pretty with the swampy areas and big trees, but then it settles into a costal scrub/estuary with not too much to see. The end gets more trees again, but it was too little too late for me. Maybe there are more animals out during the morning, because I'm the middle of the day I didn't see much, not even one of the previously reported snakes. I did like eventually getting down to the river and having a snack while watching the boats pass. It's extremely secluded and a great place to hide a body. I didn't wear bug repellent and it was fine. I imagine that if you aren't used to seeing ospreys, herons, and fiddler crabs this would be a great trail for you.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

I think the trail is better for riding a mountain bike rather than the walking we did but it's a decent hidden location with lots of quiet. We only did 5 miles walking but will return with bikes next time. We had no issues with wildlife or water.

Thursday, January 05, 2017

I would give this less then a star if I could. My boyfriend and I came out here for a nice hike and got lost several times with all the bends in the trail and then after walking over 10 miles snd 4 hours later we finally made it to our car. Very poorly marked and not very sturdy ground for walking.

Monday, November 21, 2016

This has to be the best kept secret in this area for mountain biking! We are a military family having traveled a great deal and this is by far one of our favorite gems! There are built in ramps throughout the trails making this spot unique! Enjoy and wear bug spray!

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Had a great time checking out this trail! I walked 2 miles in and then back out and stayed on the main trail. I never hit any wet spots, early April. Some beautiful scenery along the way, it was an awesome time. There were a lot of side trails to explore which I will check out next time and do the full 8 miles. Great bike trails too. Definitely worth checking out!

Monday, February 29, 2016

I enjoy walking on this trail but I would never take my family here. It's heavy on wild natural Florida settings but along with that comes large snake populations, many alligators, and wild boars which are not intimidated by humans.

It offers views of hardwoods, swamp, cypress swamp, salt marsh, pine forest and more. Definitely wear bug spray as the ticks are prevalent further in on the trail.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

We found this trail to be slightly challenging due to lots of standing water blocking the path. the tide seemed to come in and on our way out we had to walk through ankle deep water for a mile. spotted five snakes, two of which were pygmy rattlesnakes. also saw a gator, a turtle, small crabs, and several banana spiders. not a kid friendly trail but it was a good adventure.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Nice relaxing trail. Did not know Iris' grew in water. So many along the edge of the swamp lands. Be careful as I saw a rattlesnake, almost walked right into it.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hiked the round trip 8.2 miles. Nice, straight and wide path the whole way. Has not rained a lot recently so only came across a little standing water that was easy to get around. It was an overcast and breezy day...perfect hiking weather. We only passed a few other folks...a few on horse back and a couple trail runners as well as some bike riders doing the bike trails. Once you reach the end of the main trail, when you head off to the left, you go another 1/2 mile down to the inter-coastal with a couple different paths you can explore once there. Beautiful view of the marsh and waterway.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

We first walked this trail just to check it out and realized it would be great for biking since the trail is wide enough for a car and very long and straight. The problem is that the trail is in swamp land and has a lot of standing water as well as low lying water areas that are probably due to the tide. You are far away from anyone so once you get on the trail and you have to be prepared for wildlife. There are signs posted.
The first part of the trail is easy for biking but it gets much tougher as you proceed to the wetter areas. It is a beautiful trail though with streams and swamp vegetation.