Morris Bridge Park [CLOSED]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(179)
Morris Bridge Park

Morris Bridge Park [CLOSED] is a 14.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Thonotosassa, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 14.4 miles Elevation Gain: 167 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

This route is temporarily Closed due to COVID-19 restrictions.

It was another gorgeous March Florida day! Great day to get out and hike. We have d avoided this trail thinking we would be bombarded by bikers..... but we really weren’t. We hiked 4.2 miles to the other entrance up Morris bridge road and back. We don’t love out and backs so that was our only complaint. Otherwise the trails were easy to follow and well maintained.

fee

They were burning the trail in some points but you can still go through it

Beautiful day for a ride! Trails were in great shape!

Huge trails - have not explored it all just yet but really great walking trails. Great for pups

Did few more side trails today, Washboard, piglet, main to marker 19.

Great trails! It was my first time out and I took my dog. Plenty of different directions to go in and it was typical off roading walk ways. Definitely coming back sooner

Smooth, except for where the hogs have dug up. First time rider on this trail, took me a while to stay on track, but I'll be back!

Easy trail, but there were a few flooded areas we had to cross. I would bike this trail again.

Great loop trail that’s easy to finish quickly. Great wildlife viewing. We got to some amazing pictures on our DSLR. The trail was mostly dry except for a few muddy areas that were easy to go around. Watch your step as there snakes in the area. So keep your leashed dog near you.

Got lost a lot but got great exercise!

Park was closed today 7-26-19 due to flooding..I still give it 5 stars cause it's a great park to go hiking..

great and fun place. lots of trail options to pick from.

great and fun place. lots of trail options to pick from.

$2 parking. Trails seem longer than the map suggests however everything is pretty well marked. tons of unmarked trails that seem to lead to the main trail. should have brought more water, it was hot today! Saw a few baby armadillos, butterflies, a turtle in a pond, a black snake (black rat snake?), and some frogs. very nice hike that I plan to revisit once I have more time. the gater bait and misery trails are VERY BUGGY so def plan to bring bug spray. the rest of the trails I hiked were fine. one of the nicest trails I've hiked using this app. will be back.

Hiked this trail in June to prep for JMT in July. Of course super hot...Florida in summer, but 90% under canopy. Despite heavy rains bugs weren’t bad. Definitely need bug spray for mosquitoes.

this trail is great, it splits into 4 or 5 different trails. Some of them are easy others are harder. Highly recommend for hiking.

This is such a good trail! So many different ways you can go and very well marked. Majority of the trail is shaded and paths are clear for hiking or biking.

The trails are maintained by SWAMP mountain bike club volunteers. They are a not for profit club. https://www.swampmtbclub.com/wilderness-park

Fri May 03 2019

Wed Apr 17 2019

Should have brought bikes!

Mon Mar 04 2019

Wed Jan 16 2019

Good trails for the most part, pretty flat but has a few good spots, can easily send all day out there! great place for first timers