Marjorie Harris Carr East from 49th Avenue Trailhead

Marjorie Harris Carr East from 49th Avenue Trailhead is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ocala, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 213 feet Route Type: Loop

My 2 year old Dalmatian and I hiked this section of the FT on 4/19 at about 7am. Parking lot was easy to find and there was tons of parking. Getting on the hiking trail to the FT was fairly simple as long as you read the signs. I read about the trail before hiking and had a pretty good sense of where I was going. The hike itself was beautiful. Easy to navigate but enjoyable to hike. A lot of fun terrain but not too much where I wasn’t comfortable with my dog. I wouldn’t recommend this section to anyone with physical limitations. The Land Bridge is obviously super cool. Absolutely would recommend this hike! Finished the hike at 5.3 miles in 2 hours and 20 minutes.

First time taking the trail today the trail head very good parking including a picnic covered picnic area very nice trail moderate hills walk you can go over the Land Bridge over I-75 definitely good place to bike and walk also.

F T out and horse trail or multi purpose back. We did horse trail making this walk 5.5 miles.

Sunday, December 10, 2017