Malabar Scrub Sanctuary Trail

Malabar Scrub Sanctuary Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malabar, Florida and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Nice run. Less shade than I had hoped.

drove up from psl.... really nice trail to ride.... not real dificult but it wasnt super easy either.... id deffinatly do this trail again.... very beautiful scenery as well... lots of open spots where u feel sun...but lots of cover as well...trails are marked very clearly!!!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Well maintained and a great hidden treasure in Palm Bay.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Leisure walk and birding. Not as many scrub jays as we had hoped, but there was a controlled burn last week. They are just now returning!

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Fun trail :)

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I love walking it! The horses love it! It's literally my backyard! Can't beat that!

Sunday, May 22, 2016

First, there are at least 3 trailheads. I started at the Malabar Park trailhead. We have had a lot of rain in the last 7 days and as such, much of the trail was under water. You will get your feet wet! About half way through the route I chose the water just got too deep so I found a shortcut out and called it quits. I noticed a lot of broken glass and there are the occasional brush cut stumps on the trail, so proceed with caution or you could end up with a flat. Narrow trails, wet, winding, essentially no elevation changes, fun.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Beautiful trail, lots of water. Warning! Google maps drops you into some neighborhood, one of the first tracks recorded by another user showed the red trail, this is a great place to start.

Monday, March 24, 2014

I took my 9 year old son out here for a beginner's hike. It worked out really well with different terrains and very well marked trails. We followed the red markers for approximately 2 miles. Do beware that these are multi use trails, hiking running, and biking.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Malabar Scrub Sanctuary is part of the Brevard EELS program. This is a nice trail which has been improved upon over the past few years. I've taken several groups out on it, hiked it alone and have also run the trail a few times. Have seen many gopher tortoise, scrub jays, osprey, eagle, snakes (black racer) and other wildlife. Be sure to bring water and use your sunscreen as there as several sections of this trail that are exposed to the sun.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Nice trail. Not much shade and a couple spots in the trail wasn't marked clearly but we got back on track quickly. We did the red trail witch mapped about 2.7 miles. I took my 4 year old son and he had no problem finishing. Lots of wildlife out and about as well. We loved it and will be back.

Monday, October 15, 2012

This trail is great. It is longer than the stated 2.9 miles if you follow the recently extended red trail and then the blue at the cross section it all loops back at the entrance. I gave this trail a 4 because while it is maintained by the county it is still a wild trail. It has a little bit of everything.
Remember; Pitch in, Pick up, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and don't forget your camera.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I hike the red trail which is a 2.4m loop to the East of the old paved road. Shaded maybe 30%. Dry weather turns packed sand into sugar powder. Back section along fence was recently 'fire breaked' obliterating the trail. This trail better than most in area.

Saturday, March 25, 2017