Malabar Scrub Sanctuary Trail

Malabar Scrub Sanctuary Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malabar, Florida and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Well maintained and a great hidden treasure in Palm Bay.

Leisure walk and birding. Not as many scrub jays as we had hoped, but there was a controlled burn last week. They are just now returning!

Fun trail :)

I love walking it! The horses love it! It's literally my backyard! Can't beat that!

First, there are at least 3 trailheads. I started at the Malabar Park trailhead. We have had a lot of rain in the last 7 days and as such, much of the trail was under water. You will get your feet wet! About half way through the route I chose the water just got too deep so I found a shortcut out and called it quits. I noticed a lot of broken glass and there are the occasional brush cut stumps on the trail, so proceed with caution or you could end up with a flat. Narrow trails, wet, winding, essentially no elevation changes, fun.

Beautiful trail, lots of water. Warning! Google maps drops you into some neighborhood, one of the first tracks recorded by another user showed the red trail, this is a great place to start.

I took my 9 year old son out here for a beginner's hike. It worked out really well with different terrains and very well marked trails. We followed the red markers for approximately 2 miles. Do beware that these are multi use trails, hiking running, and biking.

Malabar Scrub Sanctuary is part of the Brevard EELS program. This is a nice trail which has been improved upon over the past few years. I've taken several groups out on it, hiked it alone and have also run the trail a few times. Have seen many gopher tortoise, scrub jays, osprey, eagle, snakes (black racer) and other wildlife. Be sure to bring water and use your sunscreen as there as several sections of this trail that are exposed to the sun.