Little Talbot Island Hiking Trail

Little Talbot Island Hiking Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mayport, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

We did this trail over the holiday weekend. It is a pretty diverse trail as half of it is in the woods while the other half is along the beach shore. Parking was not a hassle, which is always nice as well ($5).

Let's start with the woods half. The other people who wrote reviews and I are not joking when we say... take your bug spray!! It's like the Amazon out there (never been but that's what I imagine). There wasn't much to see though, so this portion can be done fairly quickly.

The beach half of this trail is the much more enjoyable. There is drift wood along the coastline, which is different from any other beach hike I've done.

Overall, the trail is average, but the shoreline makes it a lot better. My recommendation would be to start at the beach portion of the loop and only do that :)

I started from the beach and hike the shoreline a couple miles. There were a lot of shells and driftwood along the shore. The trial then cuts into the forest for the remainder of the trail. I saw a huge turtle along the trail as well as sand dunes and lots of bugs. You definitely want to bring bug spray on this one.

Good trail. Bring Deet and come after high tide... Beautiful forest canopy over ancient dunes to a unspoiled and wild beach.

A very special person took me there this past Memorial Day. Beautiful hike with a great payoff when you reach the Beach.

Great place to see the real Florida!

Not well marked but is a nice wide trail. Started with the wooded part. A little confusing once you reach the beach...you can either proceed back along the beach or retrace your steps on the trail (which is shadier). Nice elevation changes. Beautiful views of the beach. Not a significant amount of traffic.

sea kayaking

Nice hike overall. I would suggest starting on section in woods and then to beach. Coming down from beach, the trail entrance is very difficult to find. I found a complete sand dollar so my my hike was very satisfying.