Lake Myakka Trail

Lake Myakka Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sarasota, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

scenic driving

sea kayaking

Myakka River State Park has multiple trails located in Sarasota, Florida The trails are good for all skill levels and their is something for everyone from walking to fishing, kayaking/canoeing, bikes, birding, running, camping, horses are allowed on certain trails. MYAKKA'S WORLDS BIGGEST AIR BOAT

The trails were heavy with water, which made me not do the blue trail. I turned around after running into a coyote since I was solo and about to walk through a clearing. The trails are challenging. Be ready to have your shoes and socks drenched. I also recommend bringing poles to check the ground before stepping on some areas, or scaring snakes off. I saw lots of birds, a few gators (off of the trail), 0 snakes, 1 coyote.

I didn't like that part of the trail winds along the road, but during the summer months there isn't much traffic to disturb you. Always bring rainproof gear while out in florida summers! There weren't many mosquitos or bugs.

OK this is the first time I walked in the water of any depth. It was just over my ankles but I was a little nervous. You could see the trail. In the tower is amazing. Saw some deer.

A really beautiful state park with lots to do. They charge 4 dollars to get in and take cash or credit. I did a short hike and wish I planned my day better so I could have done a longer one. It was extremely hot and there are some exposed parts on the trails so bring lots of water and make sure to wear sunscreen.

Mossy Oak trail a lot of shade, canopy, creek, etc nice day

Friday, September 23, 2016

We only did part of the trail after we finished canoeing, but it really gives you a view of Florida's natural state. It's very different than the rest of the country.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Can be hot in summer bring lots of water. some areas with nice tree cover. Best trails to north of park. Equestrian as well. And biking too.