Lake Myakka Trail

Lake Myakka Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hidden River, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

scenic driving

sea kayaking

Myakka River State Park has multiple trails located in Sarasota, Florida The trails are good for all skill levels and their is something for everyone from walking to fishing, kayaking/canoeing, bikes, birding, running, camping, horses are allowed on certain trails. MYAKKA'S WORLDS BIGGEST AIR BOAT

We did half of the trail running, really enjoyed it about 6 miles of you don’t do the second loop. Parts of it are very open in direct sunlight which was difficult but definitely a fun trail and would do it again. We followed the white dots.

The trails were heavy with water, which made me not do the blue trail. I turned around after running into a coyote since I was solo and about to walk through a clearing. The trails are challenging. Be ready to have your shoes and socks drenched. I also recommend bringing poles to check the ground before stepping on some areas, or scaring snakes off. I saw lots of birds, a few gators (off of the trail), 0 snakes, 1 coyote.

I didn't like that part of the trail winds along the road, but during the summer months there isn't much traffic to disturb you. Always bring rainproof gear while out in florida summers! There weren't many mosquitos or bugs.

OK this is the first time I walked in the water of any depth. It was just over my ankles but I was a little nervous. You could see the trail. In the tower is amazing. Saw some deer.

A really beautiful state park with lots to do. They charge 4 dollars to get in and take cash or credit. I did a short hike and wish I planned my day better so I could have done a longer one. It was extremely hot and there are some exposed parts on the trails so bring lots of water and make sure to wear sunscreen.

Friday, December 09, 2016

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Mossy Oak trail a lot of shade, canopy, creek, etc nice day

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Friday, September 23, 2016

We only did part of the trail after we finished canoeing, but it really gives you a view of Florida's natural state. It's very different than the rest of the country.

Saturday, February 27, 2016