Kolokee Loop Trail

Kolokee Loop Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Geneva, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and backpacking and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

To Barr St. Trailhead: From exit 81 on I-95, go west on State Road 46 until you reach the town of Geneva (about 16 miles). Turn left and head south on County Road 426 (Geneva Dr) for about 5.5 miles. Entrance will be on your left.

Big bridges are still out because of Irma, so you can't complete the loop as noted in earlier reviews, but it "stops" at a beautiful flower-filled meadow where the two large bridges are. We even saw a bald eagle hunting. Good for kids (My children and I went out and back in under three hours, but we also literally stopped to smell the roses) and adults that desire the solitude of nature without an entire day of commitment.

Beautiful "Old Florida" trail following the Econlockhathee River. Follow the "Orange" markers. Until they get the Econ bridges fixed this hike is not a loop. The bridges are out due to hurricane Emma. It is still a 5.2 mile hike just going out and back following the river to where the Flagler trail junctions. Easy trail suitable for all.

Cute tiny bridges and beautiful views, adored it!

Did this "loop" today. hike was great but maps were not. kiosk does not list as a loop. I followed the single orange blaze. there is no legend and I had to just wing it. I do have a tracking app on my phone to map my hike but it only tracks where I've been. I had to stop and reference it a few times. ultimately did a loop and some out and back in linear trails for a total of 4.83 miles. would have really felt alot better if maps and trails had been marked accurately

One of our favorite trails! Mostly shaded, with lots of mini-trails that lead to the water and countless sandbars to rest along the river. Can be moderately crowded on a nice weekend, but never really an issue. Our dogs love this trail!

The bridge was out to switch trails but we went around since the water level was low. It was a beautiful hike by the river. We came across what looked like a bus stop in the middle of nowhere so stopped for our lunch there. We saw other people along the trail but it never felt crowded.

Nice trail!!!

Recently completed this 4.7 mile loop trail. I'm working on my first "Trailwalker" patch through the Florida State Forest Trailwalker Program, and this trail is on the designated trail list. it's a beautiful loop, made up of 4 different trails in all. you start on the "Barr Street Trail", turn left on the Florida Trail, Left again on the "white trail", right on "Flagler Trail", Then right on the "Florida Trail" and follow it back to the "Barr Street Trail". I have a Blog documenting my progress and explaining the trails I hike at www.floridatrailblazing.com . There is a description with pictures of the Kolokee Trail under the completed trails menu. Stay safe, and happy hiking!

Really nice hike. The river scenary was great. Trail was well marked and easy to complete. Will definitely revisit this trail. This is my first trail for the Florida Trailwalker Program.

great trail tgat follows the econ river

Monday, February 27, 2017

Also known as Barr St. trailhead on Google maps, this loop (if you want to consider it just one trail) is great! There is a $2/person fee but, I didn't see too many people pay for it.
There are multiple trails; white, blue connector (from Geneva Wilderness Area) and Orange (Florida Trail). The loop itself is 5.2 miles long but each trail extends a little further out.
We did the extended white trail (additional 2 miles), joined the little trail by the river, onto an equestrian trail and continued down the orange Florida trail by the big bridges - roughly 9 miles.
It is very well marked with lat/long coordinates and we saw a rattle snake, armadillo, possum and gators, with birds of course.
Kayaking the Econlockhatchee river on the next visit!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Really beautiful trail located in the NE portion of Florida. I really enjoyed this trail the most due to its changes in elevation and close proximity to the river. The trail provides great opportunities for shade and resting throughout. Highly recommend this trail for anyone looking to adventure into new terrain, but be warned it can be a little challenging to those who have never hiked before! Also, the trail was well kept and maintained which allowed for easy access.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

One if my favorite trails. I visit it regularly. Plenty of shade.

Monday, June 18, 2012

I hiked this trail on a fine February day and found it well maintained, marked and used. It was a weekend and had quite a number of hikers. I was with a group from "Go Outside and Play" so we were probably a bit slower than a smaller group. The trail follows the Econlockhatchee River but deviates to short cut at some horseshoe sections. There were no facilities, bring what ever you might need. I plan to hike it again either solo or with fewer companions