Kolokee Loop Trail

Kolokee Loop Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Geneva, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

To Barr St. Trailhead: From exit 81 on I-95, go west on State Road 46 until you reach the town of Geneva (about 16 miles). Turn left and head south on County Road 426 (Geneva Dr) for about 5.5 miles. Entrance will be on your left.

great trail tgat follows the econ river

Also known as Barr St. trailhead on Google maps, this loop (if you want to consider it just one trail) is great! There is a $2/person fee but, I didn't see too many people pay for it.
There are multiple trails; white, blue connector (from Geneva Wilderness Area) and Orange (Florida Trail). The loop itself is 5.2 miles long but each trail extends a little further out.
We did the extended white trail (additional 2 miles), joined the little trail by the river, onto an equestrian trail and continued down the orange Florida trail by the big bridges - roughly 9 miles.
It is very well marked with lat/long coordinates and we saw a rattle snake, armadillo, possum and gators, with birds of course.
Kayaking the Econlockhatchee river on the next visit!

Really beautiful trail located in the NE portion of Florida. I really enjoyed this trail the most due to its changes in elevation and close proximity to the river. The trail provides great opportunities for shade and resting throughout. Highly recommend this trail for anyone looking to adventure into new terrain, but be warned it can be a little challenging to those who have never hiked before! Also, the trail was well kept and maintained which allowed for easy access.

One if my favorite trails. I visit it regularly. Plenty of shade.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Monday, June 18, 2012

I hiked this trail on a fine February day and found it well maintained, marked and used. It was a weekend and had quite a number of hikers. I was with a group from "Go Outside and Play" so we were probably a bit slower than a smaller group. The trail follows the Econlockhatchee River but deviates to short cut at some horseshoe sections. There were no facilities, bring what ever you might need. I plan to hike it again either solo or with fewer companions