Julington Durbin Creek Preserve

Julington Durbin Creek Preserve is a 21.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jacksonville, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I’ve been hiking this trail for about 5 years now. It offers a good 6 mile loop, but scenery can get dull after a few miles. There are some spots off the loop, along the trail that leads to the water that have quicksand, so step lightly.

The white trail is great for biking. However, it is a short ride. The yellow trail, which makes it a 6 mile ride, is absolutely a muddy mess on the second half. We ended up walking a good deal through mud.

Great place to start riding. I’m 53 and this was my first off road mountain biking experience. It is listed as easy, but it still wore me out. One thing to note was that the southern side of the back trail was tore up pretty bad by some heavy vehicle causing heavy mud , as such it was hardto cross on a bike. I will be back. I’ve lived in this area for 6 years and didn’t even know this trail was here.

very beautiful , we had a blast With our dogs, some parts of the trail were muddy from the rain, and we got a few ticks on each of us. But i will be back!

Dog friendly trail. But for some they think that means no leash. Keep them on a leash. Leash laws still exist. Ive been hiking this trail for years. Nice and close to home. Nice get away from the hustle and bustle.

Had a great time taking out the pup. It’s quite open so prepare to deal with the heat. Outside of that it offers many different activities due to its shear size. The foliage is beautiful and the multiple different loops gives you options depending on what mood you are in.

Very sandy in areas, pretty sure I ran in circles at times, saw heaps of wild life- Birds, turtles, and a huge snake.

Very Sandy, no single track, nothing to see to distract from the boring double track while pushing thru tons of sand

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Nice 6.5 mile hike on a well traveled trail. We didn't see any wildlife on this trail but they had just completed a controlled burn.

Sunday, January 07, 2018

Quick 3 mile winter hike. Was here a few months ago and the trail was very wet in some parts. It seems to have dried up quite a bit. I saw a couple people with strollers and lots of dogs. A few kids, and a few trail runners. I’d say it’s an overall good trail for anyone.

Sunday, January 07, 2018

Excellent walking trail, clear and wide.
Trails are clearly marked and km/mi markers to let you know how far you have traveled.
Runners, bicycles and horses use this trail. There is plenty of parking and port-a-let and trail sign at the trail head.

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Great little gem! A small piece of Old Florida saved for enjoyment by future generations (to include my teenage son). Been years since I walked thru spots of sugar sand while listening to the wind whistle thru tall pines. Also got an unexpected (& very brief!) glimpse of a vivid shiny Black Racer snake near the far western edge of the Yellow Trail. FYI; our full loop hike was just 6.5 miles; not 21.5 miles as stated in the AllTrails description.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Flat loops. Not much view or excitement. Lots of mosquitos in the summer. kinda nice in the fall.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

As good as it gets in north Florida.

Monday, May 22, 2017

I've spent more time on these trails than anywhere in Jacksonville. I love the diversity and beauty. I especially love the arch tree!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

good gorgeous walking and trail running
mostly Sandy path. some wild flowers. vegetation varies across the trail. total trail is 6+ miles.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Lots of pine trees and scrub. A few nice flowers. Not much shade. Very sandy trail. Not much variety at all. Perhaps better for runners instead of hikers. Won't go back anytime soon.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Pretty good trails. Has a few sandy spots.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

I was very pleasantly surprised with the beauty of this trail. Florida trails can be so boring but this was very enjoyable.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I have been running these trails since the early 80s. This was before the Preserve days. The pictured trails are no where near 21 miles. You have to be creative to get 7+ miles out of the course. If you run the inner white loop it is 3.5 miles. If you add the outer (far west loop) that adds 2.2 miles for a total of 5.7, which is usually the distance we run when we go out there. Keep in mind that yellow flies are out starting the beginning of May until the end of September. These are the some of the best trails in Jax area (no roots to trip you or cause you to turn an ankle). Motor vehicles are not allowed on the trails. The route is a little sandy, but always a pleasant run.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Like many have stated the view is boring, but overall it wasn't too bad.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

It is okay. It actually seemed busier then any other trail I had been on in jax, which I found odd.

The view was boring as the entire time all you see is palms and pine with just one view of the water not on the main trail loop. ( not even a great view, just small section of durbin creek and a private dock.)

On foot or bike the trail are challenging and not in a good way. As there are used for horse and off road vehicles. That leaves soft / muddy spots and dropping you have to watch out for.

It you have a ATV or horse these trails are perfect for you. On Bike It was ok.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

My favorite within 15 miles so far! Very well marked trail. Peaceful.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Pretty peaceful. Trail markers are kinda weird but this app helped quite a bit.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Wide open trails, easy and convenient location if you live in the area.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Written by Matthew:
I didn't realize until I was on the trail head that there was an additional 2.2 miles to hike (optional) on the Northwest section of the trail. I ended up hiking the additional loop (marked yellow). There were also blue markings too.

There is a part of the 2.2 mile loop where you can veer to your right and there are no trail markings. I went down there to find a Geocache (www.geocaching.com) and was a 1 mile round trip.

I ended up hiking 7.1 miles total. Nice day outside!!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016