Julington Durbin Creek Preserve

Julington Durbin Creek Preserve is a 21.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jacksonville, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I've spent more time on these trails than anywhere in Jacksonville. I love the diversity and beauty. I especially love the arch tree!

good gorgeous walking and trail running
mostly Sandy path. some wild flowers. vegetation varies across the trail. total trail is 6+ miles.

Lots of pine trees and scrub. A few nice flowers. Not much shade. Very sandy trail. Not much variety at all. Perhaps better for runners instead of hikers. Won't go back anytime soon.

Pretty good trails. Has a few sandy spots.

I was very pleasantly surprised with the beauty of this trail. Florida trails can be so boring but this was very enjoyable.

I have been running these trails since the early 80s. This was before the Preserve days. The pictured trails are no where near 21 miles. You have to be creative to get 7+ miles out of the course. If you run the inner white loop it is 3.5 miles. If you add the outer (far west loop) that adds 2.2 miles for a total of 5.7, which is usually the distance we run when we go out there. Keep in mind that yellow flies are out starting the beginning of May until the end of September. These are the some of the best trails in Jax area (no roots to trip you or cause you to turn an ankle). Motor vehicles are not allowed on the trails. The route is a little sandy, but always a pleasant run.

Like many have stated the view is boring, but overall it wasn't too bad.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

It is okay. It actually seemed busier then any other trail I had been on in jax, which I found odd.

The view was boring as the entire time all you see is palms and pine with just one view of the water not on the main trail loop. ( not even a great view, just small section of durbin creek and a private dock.)

On foot or bike the trail are challenging and not in a good way. As there are used for horse and off road vehicles. That leaves soft / muddy spots and dropping you have to watch out for.

It you have a ATV or horse these trails are perfect for you. On Bike It was ok.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

My favorite within 15 miles so far! Very well marked trail. Peaceful.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Pretty peaceful. Trail markers are kinda weird but this app helped quite a bit.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Wide open trails, easy and convenient location if you live in the area.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Written by Matthew:
I didn't realize until I was on the trail head that there was an additional 2.2 miles to hike (optional) on the Northwest section of the trail. I ended up hiking the additional loop (marked yellow). There were also blue markings too.

There is a part of the 2.2 mile loop where you can veer to your right and there are no trail markings. I went down there to find a Geocache (www.geocaching.com) and was a 1 mile round trip.

I ended up hiking 7.1 miles total. Nice day outside!!