Hog Hammock and Promontory Trail Loop

Hog Hammock and Promontory Trail Loop is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near West Palm Beach, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

It was a nice trail, but flooded for most of the hike. Planning on visiting again in the dryer months and actually completing it!

We went hiking, but we saw a few bikers, who were respectful of us, which helped make for a great experience.

I wish I could give this a higher rating, but we only made it about halfway through.

Another reviewer on here stated that it's a 2 mile loop, but I want to clairfy the loop is 2.8 miles, but the dead end stretch at the end is 1.1 miles out and then back again, making the trail over 5 miles. Had a great time nonetheless.

The Hog Hammock trail is a 2 mile loop. Almost entire trail is shaded with tall trees. In a couple of places along the trail, there were small pools of water due to rain but we were able to get around it easily. There are two resting huts along the way. Overall an easy hike.

Love this area!

Flat, out and back trail and loop. Good place to get a little exercise. Abundant shade. Some places for birdwatching. Much of the trail is framed on either side with pretty high saw palmettos and bushes. Bring bug spray. I saw maybe a handful of people out there on a Monday morning. Not crowded at all.

Check out this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/_KknTDyF_3E