Hillsborough River via Florida Trail

Hillsborough River via Florida Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Thonotosassa, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Zephyrhills, FL: Travel six mile south along U.S. Highway 301 to reach the park entrance. Follow the one-way loop park road to any of the three northern parking lots. Trails follow the river bluff.

One of the nicest place to go for a walk in the Tampa Bay area. Park at the first parking area and walk towards the river. it is about a 1 mile walk between the parking and the suspended bridge. You follow the river and you can see some wildlife. Many gators live along that stretch. When you cross the bridge, you can choose between a roughly one or 3 mile loop. We did the longer loop. It follows the river for the first half. The second half is through the woods. A small stretch was a little soggy.

Hiking

Love this park! We have been here twice now and have done 2 different trails. Not very hard, but beautiful scenery. Nice facilities to have a pic nick. Playground is ok. Bathrooms are clean too. Want to go back with the kayaks.

Beautiful, hot, humid and fun. I'm visiting Florida. So glad I got a chance to visit some pretty hikes with my mom and cousins. We had a good time.
Definitely do NOT bring a stroller. Big mistake

One of my favorite trails in the Tampa area. Tends to be less crowded than the rapids loop, and offers plenty of opportunities to see amazing plants, fungi, and wildlife. Well maintained.

We love coming here. We've been twice so far and each time have done two trails. Have seen lots of fish and some alligators. I love being able to bring my dog. The water is beautiful.

Our best trail yet the river was a welcomed sight and we even saw a couple alligators drifting down the river. Lots of fish and plenty of shade along the way.

This was such a surprise! The river rapids were a nice treat, and the water was so clear!! It's honestly such a gorgeous place
We saw an otter and hundreds of fish... even a few alligators

canoeing