Hidden Waters

Hidden Waters is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Eustis, Florida that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Some nice hills and plenty of gopher tortoises. Beautiful canopy to keep the sun off you. Look for the Passion flowers and monarchs.

Brother Jim and I hiked. Hot!! Steaming hot

This place really is hidden - it isn’t on any of the gps maps ... but once I found it, it was really nice! The trails are well maintained and have nice elevation changes. There is a “lake” ... more like a pond, at the bottom and the trail circles around and up on the ridge. It has quite a lot of variety for a smaller area.

I'm a geocacher and I was out there today walking around and it was so beautiful in there and I had no idea that this was even here in Eustis.... really a great place to hike or go out and take a walk and good for all walks of life and for children but be careful for wildlife and snakes and spiders and critters it's all out there and poisonous plants best hiking place here in Lake County

I really enjoy this trail. It's very interesting and I love the streams. I have always entered on the west side on country club rd. not abrams

Although this is a good trail I still prefer Lake May reserve on 44a.

Short walk Relaxing is always. Saw a family of three. And a runner.

This is one of the few trails with any elevation nearby my new FL home. I enjoyed the varied terrain and foliage. I walked a few loops on the different (all fairly short) trails and got in some good exercise.

I did not know there was an entryway and Abrams Road. I didn’t like this way into the park. You’re walking to close to home just to open. I like the other entryway a lot better. And of course since I went in a different way I got turned around got lost in this tiny tiny park.

Update. Over many years of hiking here, I have encountered a coral snake twice. Easy to spot and not aggressive, I have only seen them in the Spring. If you hike with little kids who may be tempted to pick up this pretty snake educate them in advance.

My wife and I have walked hundreds of miles here and never tire of the variety. One of the few places in Florida with elevation.

These trails are easy to navigate with the map provided at the kiosk. There is a lot a wildlife to see as long as you keep your eyes open. Lake Alfred Trail has a large tree down right before the bridge due to hurricane Irma. Hopefully they get some trail maintenance out there.

For a beginner hiker like myself, I would recommend.

Post Irma. When you walk south of the bridge there is a little detour around a big fallen magnolia. Follow the orange flags. You could go through it but not recommended! Saw a big rabbit

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Saw a hawk. Water is up a bit.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Pretty interesting for Florida it's a sinkhole! You can walk the trails or you can walk to the golf Frisbee path

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Nothing terribly interesting. only wildlife we saw was a few squirrels. the babbling stream was nice, though.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

nice trail for beginners like me

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

This small property is a fun side trip.

Saturday, December 07, 2013

Very scenic area that actually has some hills. trails are well marked, and you can walk several to increase the mileage.

Monday, August 05, 2013

It is a relatively easy and small trail with a few steep inclines. The high school uses this trail to train their athletes. Don't be surprised when a flock a runners zooms through. The "canyon" on the east side of the park has a small stream running through and is the usual spot for people to see when they visit here. I've been going here since I was a kid and would recommend it to anyone looking for a short and easy hike. I would suggest using the entrance off Abrams by the church (short route to the stream).

1 hour ago