Hickory Bluff Preserve Loop Trail

Hickory Bluff Preserve Loop Trail is a 1.4 mile loop trail located near Osteen, Florida that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

The 150-acre Hickory Bluff Preserve overlooks the St. Johns River and contains many natural communities including mesic and scrubby flatwoods, oak hammock, cypress domes, floodplain swamp, and wet prairie. The preserve was acquired by Volusia County Government using Volusia Forever funds with the assistance of a grant from the Florida Communities Trust. Wildlife along the trail many include osprey, eagle, great blue heron, barred owl, gopher tortoise, alligator, river otter, bobcat, deer and turkey.

Parts of the trail was extremely Flooded yesterday when I attempted to Hike it. I tried to hike in from both directions on the loop and only made it about a 1/4 of a mile each way before I had to turn around both times and go back out to the parking lot. This trail is very secluded and seemed to have a lot of wildlife on it. I seen several diffrent types of birds, trac marks from Hogs, Deer and a Bear. I also seen several skin sheds from snakes along the trail. Although I was not able to completely hike the entire trail, I think it is a good trail to hike and will diffently check this one out again.