Hanna Park South Trail

Hanna Park South Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jacksonville, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Great trail! It's well maintained. There was a couple spots I had to guess which trail to take, but for the most part it's well marked.

One of my favorites around Jax. Trail signs are somewhat confusing, but lots of beautiful scenery. Saw an alligator!

Relatively flat, good trail, almost constant twisting path 1 hour or less to ride

Nice little trail system. Wasn't too keen on paying $5 to hike it, but it was fairly secluded and pretty. Most people seemed to be on the mountain bike trail, and I only saw one other guy hiking. I didn't find the trail system confusing at all like previously reported.

great family ride trail

Nice ride for training. Small climbs and long curves and tight turns.

We can't wait to return.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Just here visiting and had a great time visiting this trail. Nice trails for the beginner

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Loved it! Physically and mentally was not ready for all the South Trail had to offer which made completing it that much better. Twists, turns, roots, logs, uphill and downhill...great ride to hone skills and learn on.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

very nice....but to go back to the starting point we had to ride on the road....we didnt found the trail to return

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Nice hike through the woods. Weather was perfect and the dog had a great time.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I loved it. Easy to follow trails. Easy access to beach

Thursday, November 12, 2015

My daughter's first mountain bike ride. She wanted to do the moderate one, so we did. She did very well. A lot of quick turns, mud, and fun! We'll be back! We had a great time!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Best mtn biking in Jacksonville.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Mountain bike trails are the bomb! So pretty, and very well maintained! Would give 5 stars, but the end of the trails could use better markings to the exit/parking lot. Well worth a trip just for mountain biking though. Will definitely be coming again! Oh and we love that the tracks are single directional, so we don't worry about running into anyone. Great trails.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

love this park! beautiful trails and beach.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Nestled in the middle of a heavily populated area, Hanna Park is an amazing place to enjoy the outdoors. Only a ten minute drive from my house, I popped over today to hike the full loop. The trail is quiet and secluded for most of the track. There is little change in elevation except for the occasional dip and hill, which is typical for Florida; however it is not uninteresting. There is plenty to do and see and every time I go I ask myself "why do I not come here more often".

Monday, November 03, 2014

I grew up around here and used to go all of the time. Now they have paddle boat for rent, a child waterspray ground, the trails have been there and you can hike or bike them, the beach of course which boasts some pretty good sharks teeth hunting, and of course sun bathing too :D! There is a ton of outdoor activities here for sure, a must visit!!!

Friday, August 08, 2014

With Florida becoming so heavily developed, it isn't often you find a good deep-woods trail. This park is just fun! I run this trail from time to time, and it brings me joy. There are a few trails in the park, which are well-marked. There are signs indicating which direction to go depending on the day of the week. The park has put in a few foot bridges over the streams, but there are still a few areas that get swamped out, so don't wear your brand-new clean shoes if you don't want them to get filthy! There are several places to fill up your water bottle, and a few places where there are bathrooms as well! After your trail activities, you can swim in the ocean, fish in the freshwater lake, take your kids to the playground, and even get a shower before you drive home! The park is out in nature, so with that comes snakes and spiders and all the other creepy-crawlies. Wear bug repellent in the woods and sunscreen on the beach.

Sunday, July 06, 2014

There are lots of trails here for hiking or mountain biking. There are a couple of little hills and lots of tree roots to deal with. As a park it is pretty good, but sometimes there are gators in the pond. I'd give it a higher score, but the technical riding (roots, logs, couple dips) takes the fun out of it for me.