Halpatiokee Lake Trail

Halpatiokee Lake Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stuart, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My favorite trail in the area. About 3 miles round trip. I’ve visited several times and I’ve seen deer, turtles, armadillo and river otters. The vegetation varies a lot throughout the trail and in some parts you walk along the river. Definitely recommend it.

Nice trail. However today some areas flooded and not easily passable. Will do again

Nice trails with moderate shade along the way. Not overly crowded

fun trail. lots to see. will be back here soon!

Nice , peaceful

Great trail. Very scenic

Enjoyed hike. Saw deer, birds, florida native plants. Good part of hike is shaded. Nice locals use often. Recommend.

One of my favorite trails! I walk this one a couple times a month. Would highly recommend it!!

beautiful trails!

Friday, November 25, 2016

Shady and lots of wildlife.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

I loved this hike, it was exactly what I was looking for. Narrow trail winding under the canopy of tropical trees, foot bridges over a murky river, solitude. I hiked 3 miles along the river and back. I will be bringing out of state guests here who want to experience the natural landscape of Florida!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

great scenery...and nice trails ....

Monday, May 16, 2016

first time at park... had a blast... absolutly loved it .... nice easy trails n some more difficult ones as well.... beautiful scenery as well

Monday, April 25, 2016

Peaceful. A great variety of trails.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

It is not just out and back as described. It is a series of trails. Some multi use as well as mtb trails. We usually clock 6.5 miles.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

excellent trail will definitely do again. I would recommend this to all advanced riders

Friday, June 20, 2014

This was the second time I came to this park and after asing 2

I am new to hiking here in Florida and I had a hard time finding where the trail was. The first time I came here to do this hike I couldn't find the trail. After asking a few people I found the trail and didn't get to do it. I did manage to walk 1.55 miles (according to my map my walk app on my phone) but it was mostly in circles. The trail wasn't marked (or maybe it was but I didn't know where the markers were or how to follow them. I plan on going on another day to try again because after my failed attempt I found a map of the trail. I took some pictures and hopefully it will be a better hiking experience.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Easy ride, no real challenges here. Scenery was nice and there are some places to rest at a few observation decks. Trails tend to get flooded fairly easy, so stay away after a rainstorm.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

loved it would reccommend in early am and also florida trail that is in halpatiokee is very excellent better than lake trail