Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Guana, Timucuan, and South Point Loop Trail Loop

Guana, Timucuan, and South Point Loop Trail Loop is a 9.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ponte Vedra, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

rails trails

Great trails and good shade, give a nice breeze. However, Once home I found 14 ticks on my dog within a 1.5 hour hike. Be careful. Between us two humans we found 5! I will now only be hiking this trail during the cooler months!

The trails were fun and shaded. We went further north and there is no shade. Bring lots of water. We brought just enough for our trip. Some of the roads were hard to hike on. Our bikes kept sinking into the sand. Over all it was a fun biking trail. Theres a map of all the trails and the distance of each trail. Yellow trail has a nice picnic spot with picnic tables at the end by the water. A fun bike ride.

I would recommend this trail for anyone that loves to be out doors. You can hike, bike, swim, fish, kayak, paddle board, picnic and more. When I discovered this preserve I fell in love with the place.

Biked about 7 miles through the purple, red, and yellow trails. It was easy, beautiful, and not crowded whatsoever. Make sure you have singles when you visit! Entry is $3 for veichles. There were parts of the trail that were muddy, but nothing that couldn’t be passed through. An awesome way to spend a free Friday!

Great nature trail. Big Beautiful trees decorated in Spanish Moss & Ferns. Trails are well marked & level. You can choose short, long or intermediate length trails. The best wilderness trails we have seen in the St. Augustine area!

paid park

Love these trails! So beautiful and all of the trails look different from one another. everyone is super nice here!

Enjoyed this trail a lot. Lots of options. We only did the yellow trail this time and super easy for a kiddo

awesome way to start 2019. We biked 8.16 miles in this nature preserve on New Year's day.

The trails are well maintained and marked. One can walk as little or as much as one wants. A short section of the orange trail was quite muddy with large water puddles after all the rain, exactly as described on the big board by the pavilion.

Such a great spot to spend a few hours hiking. Every trail is mapped very well with maps at each crossing showing points of interest and alternative routes. All the trails are well kept and a few different types of terrain. Will definitely be going back and exploring more of the trails.

Have been here several times; both alone & with family. I'm not so young anymore & these trails are easily hiked - even for the novice. I usually hike around Thanksgiving or winter & I've never encounter the bugs or ticks. I have seen wildlife including: armadillos; snakes & dolphins. I hiked to the South point one Thanksgiving & sat alone & watched a mother dolphin "train" her new-born! It was a gift from God during a difficult time in my life. I will always treasure that memory. The trails are laid out so you can have a short jaunt, a nice few mile "cruise" or a 9x mile adventure. There's a LOT of nice scenery & if you take photos there's plenty of great things to shoot. I took my dog the last time & she had a BALL! Go... get off the couch... Have some fun... Make some memories!

awesome place to ride plenty of shade. well marked trails.

Love the trail. Our kiddos kept up and we did a round trip of 3 hours total. We took our time and enjoyed the hike. We took the longer trail that looped around to the river. Not a lot of people at all on our hike. Temps were cooler so no mosquitoes and didn’t find any ticks on us, hopefully won’t find any later. If you’re worried about ticks however, definitely wear leggings tucked into boot socks or breezy pants tucked into boot socks if you plan on taking the trails during warmer weather, it definitely will help keep the ticks off your legs. We had a stroller for our smallest child and the trails were very stroller friendly.

My ultimate favorite hike of all time. I’ve taken several friends here and had some unforgettable adventures. I saw armadillos, a Fox, a tortoise, and even baby wild boars!!!! There are snakes, but as long as you don’t bother them, they’re fine. I absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone of any level! There’s even benches to sit for people who get tired easily. One of the trails comes to a shoreline where you can sit peacefully and watch the water. There are ticks, though, so please wear big spray! I got bitten by one last time I was there because I forgot repellent. There’s lots of cool crabs and seashells. Absolutely breathtaking. Wish I could give it more than five stars. Thanks for some of the best times of my life :)

Very heavily trafficked on weekend. Not a bad trail though, good scenery.

Enjoyed the length of the trail with the different rewarding views. Bug spray is a must and you will need to check for ticks.

Ticks, both on humans and dog afterwards, hard to follow and unkept “trail”. We were very disappointed and will not be back.

Summer weekday morning hike. MUST have a quality bug spray for this hike. Beautiful woods and very quiet. Bring plenty of water and food. There are no services available here. Followed the trail to the Tolomato River. It is salt water fed from the ocean so there isn’t much small animal activity. However, there is a lot of marsh land and we came across an alligator on the path. Quite a thrill!!! In summer, the morning can be best as afternoon rain patterns persist.

Thursday, April 05, 2018

I really loved this trail! Good wildlife! Saw turkeys, armadillos and a Pygmy rattlesnake! It was well worth it due to the scenery. It was gorgeous on the trail and I’ll definitely go back!

Sunday, February 04, 2018

Beautiful park! I even met an alligator!

Thursday, November 09, 2017

Great aside from the after Irma mosquitos

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Probably the best trail in the Jax area.

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Great trail but watch for Pygmy rattlesnakes! I see them every time I go.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Well marked (apparently thanks to an Eagle Scout). Did the yellow, orange, purple segments and was around four miles. Fairly flat. Marshes were the best part.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Went down to the south end of the island and back, which was a nice hike to do early in the morning and the walking out onto the shore was a great view. There's also a picnic table down there right where you can see the water, so that was nice too. We saw a bunch of tiny crabs on the beach and lots of animal tracks in the sand, it was pretty neat :D They do warn you about ticks and other biting insects before you go into the park, so definitely make sure to bring bug spray. Parts of the yellow trail heading back to the parking lot don't have a lot of shade either, so sunscreen is also a good idea. Also when you first pull in, there's a $3 per vehicle entrance fee which you'll need to put in an envelope and stick in the box if nobody is sitting at the gate taking money.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Easy trail that is very clean with nice scenery. We did 5.2 miles using the yellow and purple trails. Didn't see much wildlife except for one armadillo and some awesome hawks hovering above. Well worth spending a few hours walking.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Saturday, March 04, 2017

pretty easy trails with gorgeous scenery!

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

I like to trail run this place. Watch for pigmy rattlers when warm out.