Guana and Timucuan Trail Loop

Guana and Timucuan Trail Loop is a 9.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ponte Vedra, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rails trails

I really loved this trail! Good wildlife! Saw turkeys, armadillos and a Pygmy rattlesnake! It was well worth it due to the scenery. It was gorgeous on the trail and I’ll definitely go back!

Beautiful park! I even met an alligator!

Great aside from the after Irma mosquitos

Probably the best trail in the Jax area.

Great trail but watch for Pygmy rattlesnakes! I see them every time I go.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Well marked (apparently thanks to an Eagle Scout). Did the yellow, orange, purple segments and was around four miles. Fairly flat. Marshes were the best part.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Went down to the south end of the island and back, which was a nice hike to do early in the morning and the walking out onto the shore was a great view. There's also a picnic table down there right where you can see the water, so that was nice too. We saw a bunch of tiny crabs on the beach and lots of animal tracks in the sand, it was pretty neat :D

They do warn you about ticks and other biting insects before you go into the park, so definitely make sure to bring bug spray. Parts of the yellow trail heading back to the parking lot don't have a lot of shade either, so sunscreen is also a good idea.

Also when you first pull in, there's a $3 per vehicle entrance fee which you'll need to put in an envelope and stick in the box if nobody is sitting at the gate taking money.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Easy trail that is very clean with nice scenery. We did 5.2 miles using the yellow and purple trails. Didn't see much wildlife except for one armadillo and some awesome hawks hovering above. Well worth spending a few hours walking.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Saturday, March 04, 2017

pretty easy trails with gorgeous scenery!

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

I like to trail run this place. Watch for pigmy rattlers when warm out.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Beautiful trails and easy to walk on . But don't forget to bring your bug spray it get bad in some spots .

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Wonderful collection of trails. We did the orange, yellow and part of the east side of the purple trail. It was all very well kept and had stunning views everywhere. Saw a few armadillos and a couple families of raccoons. Will definitely be back to explore the other trails

Friday, October 21, 2016

It was so much fun! Tried to do the whole trail combo but got stuck on the purple trail due to the flooding! Can't wait to go back! Saw some wild pigs, turtles, and tons of butterflies!

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Yes.. you'll need bug spray; but this trail is great for moderate mountain biking. it's long.. and is mostly shaded. definitely do this one on a regular basis.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Please make sure you put bug spray on before you hike. The Miskitos are very bad!!! Beautiful trails and a lot of wiled life

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Me and my friend took our combined 5 children here for a day hike. We had a great time and were able to get some great pictures. The banana spiders are healthy and thriving in this lush environment. The marsh is beautiful with an abundance of hermit crabs. I definitely recommend this trail.

Monday, July 18, 2016

This trail is beautiful. We saw a wood pecker, cardinal and many other butterflies and birds. We also saw a raccoon, dolphins in the water and a family of pigs with a lot of piglets. I also saw some insects I've never seen before. The foliage and water views were beautiful. It was 102F when we were hiking but thankfully the trail had a lot of shade and benches along the way. We will definitely be back. This was the most wildlife we've seen on a trail in Florida during the day.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Loved the trails and that the park was not crowded at all. There was enough shade to where the heat wasn't miserable. Beautiful scenery, all I can say is BRING BUG SPRAY! Without bug spray the mosquito can definitely ruin your hike. Everytime we stopped we were swarmed with 20+ mosquitos.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Awesome. Long trails so you get time in the pack. Saw a dead bear

Monday, February 29, 2016

We hiked the southern red and purple loop. Lots of shade and hard woods. Eventually you walk along the river with some gorgeous views. Downed trees frequent the river banks. We saw many birds and armadillos.

Previous reviewers had given me concern over how kid friendly the trails would be. The 8 miles of trails that I hiked were more than kid friendly and there were plenty of benches and scenic rest areas. There was a small section of the yellow trail that was very close to a swampy area that I wouldn't have felt comfortable taking the kids on. However it could easily be avoided.

Overall, a great trip and lot of natural beauty to see.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Wonderful trail. My third hike and still seeing new things.

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Nice trail. Watch for ticks....bring spray. Watch for snakes on the trail. Hike north of the colored trails....beautiful. Savannah trail/hardwoods/river--usually spot an alligator.

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

It was my first time to the park. We walked the yellow trail to the water. What a beautiful place to enjoy talking a walk.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Enjoyed the trails and water views at the end.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Very nice

Monday, June 15, 2015

Pretty decent biking and hiking trail.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Guana River also offers kayaking and stand up paddling where you can enjoy all types of beautiful birds. At the North end of Guana River is North Guana Outpost (4415 Mickler Road) where you can rent kayaks and paddleboards also they have all types of fishing supplies. Very helpful staff.

Monday, November 10, 2014

It's a great area for a long and relaxed walk/hike, the trail is very clean and easy. I saw families and kids doing the trail.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Great trails to run on with beautiful sites all around. If you take the yellow trail you will get a great look out onto the intracoastal. Pack your bug spray for the summer though.