Green Swamp Trails

Green Swamp Trails is a 12.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dade City, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The blue trail was nice and short after the white trail of 11 miles yesterday. check out the scenic lookout.

so peaceful

I've been hiking here for the last 3 years and I never get tire of it. It is so massive you could literally spend weeks exploring it. A variety of wild and plant life and space. I rarely see another person. I love it!!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Seminole Cross Trail - Heading east on 471 its less than a mile past Colt State Park on the left. One of the best trails as far as a variety of plants and wildlife. The trail path is very clearly marked and easy to navigate through. my recent visit included a sighting of two otters, an owl, one alligator, and a chupacabra.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Monday, May 06, 2013

It was my least favorite Florida hike yet. It is not really a trail as much as a service road, and you are in direct sunlight for 95% of the hike. Now that the enjoyable part is done, there are a lot of Flies called Yellow Flies, but the real ones live here. Don't bother with bug spray (useless), bring a full bee suite or you will know what it feels like to loose your mind. We planned a two day camp but as soon as we woke, started to plan our escape...

Sunday, December 30, 2012

great area with lots of trails and very few other hikers. terrain is varied and wildlife is plentiful in areas.