Learn more

Graham Swamp Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Coast, Florida that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 32 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Wastch for sign on Colbert Lane

Nice, flat trail. Good for all ages, plenty of shade. Close enough to the road and homes it doesn't quite feel like a hike. All in all, nice easy walk.

The rating may depend on how far you go on this trail. At one point I thought it might turn into a 4 but then I thought a 3 before settling on a 2 and wish I could have given 2.5. The first 2 miles or so aren't bad, but much of it runs on a dirt track along a canal with houses on the other side. There's also a portion on a boardwalk through the swamp which is probably the best part. That part might not even be accessible during the summer months if it weren't for the boardwalk. But after a little over two miles, the trail hits the road and basically continues as a sidewalk that leads to a couple of other parks. I followed it in one direction toward the Linear Park Trail but there wasn't anything to see except cars traveling down the road and the occasional bicyclist. If you're looking for a nice place to bike, or get a little exercise, this is probably a good spot with a mix of hard-packed dirt, boardwalk and sidewalks further along. But I don't know if it qualifies as a true hiking trail between all of the houses, lawn mowers, and traffic from nearby roads. There is a short loop around the lake at the main parking area off Old Kings Road that doesn't show up on the AllTrails app.The east entrance to this area on Colbert Lane, which has mountain biking too, has a more enjoyable hiking trail away from the residential areas.

Great trail, nice wood walkways over the swamp!

Holy Mackerel we got lost, turned around, climbed over a barb wire fence and finally found a neighborhood guard to help point us in the direction of the parking lot with our car! Only trail sign we found said "4.5 miles"! Felt like 45 miles! I'm 56 and my husband is 60! Turned out to be quite an adventure! Lol

Easy trail with decent scenery along the wooded paths. Great to ride on over the Waterfront park and down to bridge. Really easy ride, we did 10.3 miles in a loop one mid morning.

Part of Graham Swamp s dedicated to walking trails. The other part is mountain biking. The mountain biking trails are pretty incredible for this area and really we maintained and developed by locals. The walking trails are just okay. Very flat and simple. Not scenic.

We walked an unkept trail out to a small pond. Got ticks on our legs. Walked around pond and back out to the main trail. Wide and more of a biking trail. Saw an alligator on the small island in the main pond.

There’s a lot of bugs & bees but overall pretty calm hike, nothing to crazy

Fri Jul 27 2018

I love this trail! Feels like a little bit of South Carolina in the middle of Florida. I wish it was a bit longer trail, but it's perfect for a morning hike and easy to access.

Sun Apr 15 2018

Raced the GS360 - it was a hard course but a lot of drop-in, dips and table tops. For the amount of climbing it was flowing and fun. But! Not mtb tandem friendly though, drops are too tigh and some high center potential everywhere.

Sat Feb 03 2018

Great trail, marked well, safe neighborhood. Got to see a small alligator in the pond right next to the trailhead.

Fri Oct 27 2017

Horrible for mountain biking, didn't like it.

Fri Feb 03 2017

The bike path is well-marked and clear but the hiking trail is not marked, easy to get lost, and needs many trees removed to make it passable.

Thu Dec 01 2016

Hiked the back part by the preserve. Not too exciting. Well marked trails, some birds, armadillo-but not as good as advertised

Wed Sep 28 2016

Use this place as my daily running trail, start and one end and go back and it's 5miles. It's a pretty easy trail I would say

Sun Mar 27 2016

The mountain bike trail was not marked not sure if I even found it. The path I went down was not keep up very well and it had a plank of wood to cross a small creek. Down trees and a very old bridge that was slippery made it a difficult ride. Still not sure if I was on the right path. Unless it is marked better or worked on I would not recommend for biking.

Tue Dec 22 2015

There's a little bit of confusion here...there are 2 separate Graham Swamp trails; one is a wide sidewalk through suburbia, and the other is an insane mountain bike trail. The blue marker on the map currently is pointing to the sidewalk trail. To get to the mountain bike trail, park at the trailhead on Colbert Lane about two miles north of Moody Blvd. Use coordinates 29.508306, -81.161493 in your GPS if you aren't familiar with the area. There are restrooms and water fountains about a quarter mile south at the Lehigh Greenway Trail Head. You can also park here if the little lot is full at the mountain bike trailhead.

Thu Jul 02 2015

I didn't think there were hills like this along the Florida coast, but this proved to be an exciting and challenging bike trail. It's not marked in some areas, so it may require some guesswork, but I would definitely recommend it for anyone up for an adventure

Thu May 28 2015

Awesome trail. Great workout. Lots of climbs and descents. Best trail I have done in Florida.

Sat Jan 31 2015

Not much of a nature trail. A lot of this trail is near homes and right next to the busy road. If a nice and easy bike ride is what your looking for, this is perfect. If you are looking for an adventurous trail to get away from civilization. Don't bother with this one.

Sun Mar 02 2014

Love the wooden bridges! The high drops. Like all other reviews is a well kept trail. It has become one of my favorites!

Mon Dec 30 2013

Very nice trail. Lots of very pretty Spanish moss, and over a mile long wooden bridge walking through the wilderness. We parked at the swamp trail head and walked towards Linear Park Trailhead. Would have been better for a nice stroll on a bike, but still had a great time with our dog. Would be nice for older family members, very flat and not strenuous at all.

Mon Dec 23 2013

Great trail. You can easily bike 12 or more miles with all the additional trails that attach to this trail.

Tue Nov 12 2013

I was in Florida preparing for a wedding I was going to. My whole family was there, and we had a great time. Today, people were getting all prettied up, and the men wanted something to do. Why not have an adventure? So we loaded our bikes- the five of us- and rode Graham Swamp. We parked along Old Kings Rd. at the Lehigh Trail. After riding one of the straightest paths, we made it to the trailhead. Something is different with these trails than my mountain bike parks back home. Sand, shells, and palm trees. The seashells are awesome- you can take your pick and fill your pack with shells. The mountain bike loop is 7 miles long, with lots of wooden features to push the limits on. The vertical wooden bridge- AAHHH!!! This is a fun but adventurous bike park.

Sat Jan 07 2012

Nice hard packed trail. Has several other trails connected to it. All well marked. Hiking trail close to trail head. Few wooden bridges along the way, one being at least a half mile. Overall nice trail for a relaxing ride.