Garden of Eden Trail

Garden of Eden Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bristol, Florida that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

This demanding and sometimes strenuous 3.75 mile trail is owned and managed by The Nature Conservancy. The trail, located in the Apalachicola Bluffs and Ravines Preserve is rich in flora and animal species. For a state known for beaches and sand this area of Florida reminds you of the mountains of Georgia and North Carolina. Your hike begins in a sandhill habitat with wiregrass and longleaf pines quickly changing to a slop forest with a steephead ravine to a mixed upland habitat. Finally, the trail reaches Alum Bluff where you have a wonderful vista of the Apalachicola River and the floodplain on the opposite side of the river. The Garden of Eden Trail treats hikers to a botanically rich environment.

Solid hike, great view! Hope you enjoy sugar sand

Nice trail parking for maybe 10 cars. Look for a big white sign right at parking. No other signage . Take plenty of water and a walking stick. plan on 3 hours.

Wow! When it said hard I guess I didn't believe it. The steep drops and climbs were amazing though. The view was magnificent! This trail was well marked and easy to see the path. It was everything I expected view wise and more. My son says he's found his new favorite trail! The trail is very narrow so passing people isn't roomy. It says no dogs yet people had their dogs. We picnicked at the bluff looking out at the river! Gorgeous, great workout and we will be doing it again! We didn't have to much of a spiderweb problem. But we also weren't the first people through the trails that day either.

Have done this trail several times, but always in the heat of July in North Florida. Good trail, but be ready to douse yourself in Deet to combat the yellow flies, mosquitoes, and spiders. Also, hydrate well and then check for ticks when you finish.

Really well maintained trail that took me about 45 minutes but I took my time with the view. I went right after it rained, so the bugs were pretty bad, but the misty clouds in the trees on the hike up and clouds over the bluff were a worth it added bonus.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

This hike took us (6 kids-age 10 and up, a 10 month old baby, and me) about 2 hours in and out. There were a few steep climbs up and down, but it wasn't too bad... View of the river was very nice. Be sure to watch out for spiders and their webs when walking!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Great trail

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Beautiful views! Well maintained trail! In the summer, I would recommend going early as the trail is very sunny in lots of places.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

great little challenging trial with amazing views.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Awesome! Just enough rigor. Well marked and beautiful.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Excellent trail, loved the different scenaries, the views to the river, the streams, bridges, breathtaking!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

I hiked the trail just for some exercise! I thought it was great and will definitely do it again.

Friday, September 20, 2013

I have hiked this trail several times and have used it to get in shape to hike a 40-mile section of the AT. I have seen deer, swallow-tailed kites, and copperhead snakes on the trail. At one point, the trail butts up against private land and a shooting house is located in full view. Wear bright clothing when hiking during Florida hunting season. This trail is not for those who are out of shape.