Learn more

Garcon Point Loop Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Milton, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 1.7 mi Elevation gain 6 ft Route type Loop

Photos (4)
Recordings (12)
Completed (45)
Cassey Jones
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarTue Apr 07 2020
HikingBugs
View Cassey's Recording
Chris Lyter
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Nov 23 2019
Hiking

Used a bob stroller, not to bad, is a little bumpy but we managed well enough for a nap. fun little hike before a cold front.

View Chris 's Recording
Rachael Nicole
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarThu Aug 08 2019
Hiking

Absolutely horrible!!!! About 15 minutes into the trail I looked down and noticed what I thought were burs all over my pants. I went to pick them off and realized they were dozens and dozens of ticks! Booked it back to the truck where we pulled dozens more off ourselves and our poor dog. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!!! Also trail is overgrown and poorly maintained if maintained at all. We will stick with Naval live oaks area from now on.

Noah Lackey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarWed Jul 10 2019
RunningBugsOver grown

ONLY HIKE IN THE WINTER. As other reviewers have said, the ticks are horrible on this trail. When I got back to my car I looked down and counted 10-15 ticks on my legs. I got my tweezers out and picked everyone of them off (or so I thought). I even had my dad look at my legs when I got home to make sure I was clear. Long story short, I missed one of the ticks and then contracted a confirmed case of Lyme disease. Was hospitalized for over a week. Gave it three stars because its a great trail when the bugs and ticks are not around.

Alexander Bradford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFri Jun 21 2019
HikingBlowdownBugsOver grown

Ticks were extremely bad. My dog was covered and so were my legs. Other bugs were also pretty bad, so I’d recommend bug spray and long pants if your gonna do it. Also kind of overgrown and had a couple of trees knocked down. Did the loop and it was pretty, especially if you like ferns and pines. Also don’t have to worry about crowds.

Alex Schulte
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarTue Jun 18 2019
Hiking

Trail was decent, easy to follow. Bring bug spray, I turned back within the first half mile due to bugs and yellow flies biting.

Stacey Frantz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSat Jun 01 2019
Hiking

I’m new to hiking, and this was an impulsive attempt. My dog and I went approx 6pm today, after visiting my mom, who lives near the trail. I knew where the loop trail started, and that was about it. I didn’t pay much attention to the map when we got there either. So we started on the loop trail, but without realizing, veered toward north spur trail start. We went about a mile out, and stopped for a break. My dog drank a lot more water than usual, and I didn’t want her to overheat, so I thought best to turn back. I brought four bottles of water in backpack, which was just enough for midpoint and finish (2 miles), We experienced some unpleasant bugs, and I got minor stings, but just at start and finish. I forgot to bring the bug spray from car!! I read in reviews after we got home, and agree, trail is narrow and somewhat overgrown. More so at start and finish I thought. Better in various spots along the way though. It hasn’t rained much lately, but it did today, between 2 & 3pm. Still, I saw no flooding or puddles, which was mentioned in a few reviews. I was glad that I wore good hiking boots anyway, because was slightly slippery a few times. Be careful not trip in certain spots! I feel like these trails have potential. May benefit from more foot traffic. Or volunteers to help with upkeep? No matter to my dog, she loved it as is!! And since it is conveniently located for me, I’ll try it again, and hopefully go farther. Last thing, when done, we drove directly across the street from the loop trail start, and enjoyed views of water/sky, while cooling off. We took a couple of pics that are uploaded,

Kevin M.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Mar 30 2019
Walking

Trail was clean, encountered no other humans. Easy trail took an hour and a half, my wife stops for photo ops alot lol. We enjoyed a nice quiet couple hours in the afternoon. lots of low spots that can fill with water. two geocaches located here.

Megan Whitson
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMon Sep 10 2018
Hiking

Water completed covered the trail. We were only able to completed about one mile of it. We took my dog on the trail with us and he was completely covered in ticks. The trail is almost overgrown. I do not recommend this trail at all.

Marty Kenney
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Mar 31 2018
Hiking

took the Garcon Point North Spur Trail to the Loop Trail and around and back, 4 miles total. the spur is more beautiful with blooming pitcher plants.

Lynda Cundiff
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFri Feb 02 2018
Walking

Narrow trail. One section under water.

Jay Grizz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFri Jan 12 2018
Walking

Flat and exposed. Be prepared to jump over large puddles and walk through long grass to get around flooded sections of the path.

Nigel Lockett
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarThu Oct 26 2017

Been to this trail several times and it is always flooded.

Amber Rau
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMon Jul 31 2017

Way too wet and overgrown. Didnt even make it a quarter of the way on either trail.

Eric Norton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarThu May 11 2017
Walking

Previous rating and comments of KATRINA are spot on about this trail. "Trail is getting overgrown on the southside of the loop, and needs some trimming. There was a fairly recent prescribed burn on the northern half that has created an abundance of wild flowers and pitcher plants. The trail was much less muddy than last time, so I highly recommend going after a week or two of no rain." I walk/hike the trail with my female GSD and she loves this trail. However, the bugs are a real pain in the BUTT!!! Bring the spray or head net.

Jon Harned
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarTue May 09 2017

Mosquitoes...mosquitoes galore.

Katrina Prout
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Apr 23 2017
Running

Trail is getting overgrown on the southside of the loop, and needs some trimming. There was a fairly recent prescribed burn on the northern half that has created an abundance of wild flowers and pitcher plants. The trail was much less muddy than last time, so I highly recommend going after a week or two of no rain. I ran the full loop as well as a spur out and back trail which puts the total mileage at almost 4 miles. Bring bug spray, and only go in the morning or evening as there is little to no tree cover.

Katrina Prout
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarThu Feb 09 2017
Hiking

Easy loop trail that is well established. During the spring months, rare and endangered pitcher plants abound the trail. Fairly exposed to the elements, so bring sunscreen and lots of water in the summer months. I never saw another person on this trail so it is lightly trafficked.

gina bevino
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Mar 30 2020
View gina's Recording
Jennifer R.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Mar 15 2020
View Jennifer's Recording
Brittany Gray
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Mar 15 2020
View Brittany's Recording
Lee Bowersox
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSat Mar 14 2020
View Lee's Recording
Shayanne R.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSun Nov 11 2018
View Shayanne's Recording
Brett Carstens
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSun Mar 19 2017
View Brett 's Recording