Fort Clinch Trail

Fort Clinch Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fernandina Beach, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Coastal Florida hiking trail. Complete loop includes Fort Clinch, a Civil War era masonry fort. Off the official trail is a good walking beach along the Atlantic Ocean. A mildly rolling path, very easy path.

fun trail

Fun MTB trail with some punchy climbs. It's very well maintained too. It's multi-use so you do come across joggers. I was told at the gate to make sure I rode clockwise and saw a couple other riders going in that direction as well, however all of the hikers and joggers I came across were going counter clockwise. Not sure if that was just a mix up or if we just have different rules.

Sharing trail with bicyclists. Trail mostly runs parallel to the road so you can walk the road or the trail. Some elevation changes. Most interesting part really is the fort itself. And the beach. It's pleasant.

nice trail, but nearly got ran over by 4 people on bicycles

This is a great park for adults and kids. A beautiful beach...and one of the best for shells that I have been to in a while. Pretty interior as well, with lots of Spanish moss hanging from the trees. And the Civil War fort is a lot of fun to explore (an extra $2 per person in addition to the park entrance fee), with great views across the St. Marys River to Cumberland Island National Seashore and Georgia.

Not from this area, so not an expert.

First off, we hiked in early August. It was hot so we were glad we had the water with us. You can purchase in the park if you forget.

Also, the trail is accessible YEAR ROUND contrary to the description.

The loop trail closely parallels the entry road. Hikers walk against bike traffic, easy.

Two deer crossed the path very close. Fun! Or dog was thrilled.

Not mentioned by others, maybe we're lightweights, there were a ton of banana spiders. We rarely see these on trails in our area (Bradenton/Sarasota). Just thought I'd let y'all know. You can walk along the road if it's an issue.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Friday, November 27, 2015

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Monday, November 09, 2015

Great technical trails for a very flat state. Challenging and enjoyable even for my youngest. No military discount except for national guard FYI on park entrance fees

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Friday, August 07, 2015

My family love's technical mtb trails. For the north Florida, south Georgia area. this is the toughest for the hills and obstacles and such.Muddy when it rains and sandy when dried out. We don't ride for times, just the fun and exercise. Trails are single direction but switch on certain days. WATCH for hikers and deer. Wife was almost hit by deer....twice! Good canopy coverage which can make it buggy at times.
Only thing missing is a bike wash station. We live near Fort Clinch so we go often... A must visit if you're up to the challenge! !!!!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Nice biking trails.. Can be challenging at times. Small dips and climbs. Worth the time.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Amazing 6.5mi single track mountain biking trail! My husband and I came this past weekend and were pleasantly surprised! I'd say one of the best trails I've ever ridden! Well worth a trip just to ride this trail. It flows very smoothly, is very well maintained, marked well. Love that's is single directional, so you don't worry about running into anyone. My only complaint was a couple times the trail emptied back onto the main road, and had no signs indicating you needed to continue a few 100' until the trail started back. That would be nice. Otherwise, great trail!