Fort Braden East Loop [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(24)
Lake Talquin State Park

Fort Braden East Loop is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tallahassee, Florida that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.0 miles Elevation Gain: 295 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

It has been reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

There are a few downed trees blocking parts of the trail to climb over. Great views, though. Very shady, clearly marked blazes make it impossible to get lost. Be sure to wear bug spray.

We did the east loop which is a 5 mile hike. It is a lot of up and down terrain. We didn’t see any wildlife but was a beautiful hike.

saw four deer, three wild boar, and a owl. trail was well marked. we did west than east. East is more difficult due to elevation changes.

Beautiful. Did it with my 1.5 year old on my back. He loved it as much as I did. Varied terrain and views. We saw lots of birds and three deer. Will be back to do the west loop.

Robert K I biked the trail in the winter and entered from an entrance off Coes Landing Road. There are a couple nice views of the lake. Like the West Loop, the East Loop Does not have a very rutted ground path, but the trees are marked fairly well. Had to backtrack a few times to find the trail again. Overall, a nice biking experience but In a pretty desolate area.

Although the hike itself was nice, the trails are not well marked and it is very easy to end up on the wrong trail. I ended up doing a much longer hike than I wanted to by ending up on the wrong trail.

Sat May 18 2019

Brushed off about a dozen lonestars between my girlfriend and myself. Found and removed one that had attached before even leaving the parking lot. Lots of tall grass so be careful.

Sat Apr 20 2019

Always a great ride. Seen several deer and hawks. Creek crossings are crystal clear and so much fun. Magnolia trees are getting ready to bloom and the sweet smell is already in the air. Get out in nature she will pay you back with a good time every adventure.

Sat Apr 06 2019

Had a great time hiking the east loop (double orange rectangles). Although, it was very hard to get on the correct trail and stay on the correct trail. It follows an equestrian trail, but is a distinctly different trail and it gets confusing. At one point I found myself at the highway... and had to turn around to catch the trail again. It’s overgrown and seems like it hasn’t been maintained in a long time. I ran into about 20 boar and a big part of the trail has a lot of pig rutting damage. If you aren’t paying attention to the orange markings on the trees you’ll get lost.

recorded Fort Braden Trails